Home at last

CrazyScotsman

Well, I've been on the road for 7 weeks finally got home last night.
I have been North to South. East to West.
I did see a bunch of HL's on the travels, but don't ask if I can remember where or when.
I did have a nice trip up to St Johns New Foundland. What a beautiful place, the drive through Nova Scotia up to Sydney NS to catch the ferry was great, scenerey was out of this world, reminded me of back home in Scotland. The 7 1/2 hour ferry ride was done at night, so I was able to see the sights of New Foundland, as I drove the 560 miles to St Johns. What a beautiful area that is. Well worth the trip , next time I go there the Big Horn will be in tow. The NuFies are great people, warm and friendly.
I left there on the Monday night, got on the ferry wee hours of Wednesday am, got back into Nova Scotia around 7 am central time, and had a sunny day to drive back to the US.
I was up in Waterloo ON. a couple of weeks before that trip, to NL, then over to NJ then Queens NY to pick up hospital equipment from a closed down hospital, going to Chicago. I then loaded on Navy Pier in Chicago at the convention centre on the pier.
I just got back in from Houston TX, where I delivered a load that I picked up in Paulsbo WA. Nice folks up there to.
Before that I was on the outskirts of Portland, and before Portland at San Francisco delivering a trade show there.
All in all, a very busy but profitable 7 weeks. Great to make a profit in this economy.
I will probably stay home till after Thanks Giving, then hit it again for a few more weeks. that is if I can get my eye's fixed before it's time to go. I had artificial lenses put in my eye's almost 3 years ago, and the last few weeks I have been having a hard time seeing, eye Dr told me this morning that I have scar tissue covering part of the lens, so it needs to be zapped with a laser, now all I can do is play the waiting game for an appointment. Hope that isn't long, not a good idea a truck driver not being able to see where he is going.
Anyhoo I took a lot of pics on the trips, so as soon as I get them downloaded I will " TRY " and post them.
Anyhoo it's good to be home, catch you all later.
Cheers Ken

jbeletti

Wow! What a trip Ken. Welcome home. We missed you and Elaine in Branson but understand that duty calls.

Jim

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Ken2 , welcome back! Kat an I was worried about ya , thought you drank yourself to death on Scottish Ale. It sounds like a fine and fun filled work trip if you call that work.:D....Kenny

CrazyScotsman

Thanks for the Welcome home.
Ken1, I think it would be nearly impossible for me to drink myself to death, last adult beverage I had was what I drank at the rallye. :)

jimtoo

I just thought maybe you had run off with something or somebody else in a skirt (kilt) :D and not the wife.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Speakin of buttered, I thought I might never see your tasty escargot again. Aliens ya know. Wow, some trip.

Peace
Dave

katkens

Speakin of buttered, I thought I might never see your tasty escargot again. Aliens ya know. Wow, some trip.

Peace
Dave

Would have to agree ,they were the best escargot I have ever had , delicious......Kenny

jimtoo

Would have to agree ,they were the best escargot I have ever had , delicious......Kenny

WELL!!!! Since I was not invited to taste any "ESCARGOT" :eek:.,,,, I would not know if they were good or not....probably the only reason Kenny says they were the best is because that is the only time he has ever tasted one..:D:D:D......

katkens

WELL!!!! Since I was not invited to taste any "ESCARGOT" :eek:.,,,, I would not know if they were good or not....probably the only reason Kenny says they were the best is because that is the only time he has ever tasted one..:D:D:D......

NOW ...NOW... calm yourself down don't get your self in an uproar , besides it was Dave's fault for not inviting you. :D He said you would eat to much and thus less for him. I would have shared mine with you but you wasn't home , probably brown nosing JimB. I have sure put down a number of them lil' rascals but sure don't get them often enough......Kenny

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Welcome home Ken2. Been looking for ya. Lots of red Volvo's on the road. Glad everything is well. Bob:D