clothes bar in closet

artsbighorn

has any one had a problem with the closet bar crashing and dumping the clothes on the floor.what was or is a good fix.

art

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ours has a center support or two, but other have had issues. You can read about it here.

So does our 3670, and the wife hangs EVERYTHING of hers. Other than the four hangers she grants me, my stuff get jammed into the cabinet.

pickuphunt

clothes bar in closet

Yes, The screws were put in the thin panel under the shelf. I just used a piece of 1/2 inch plywood about 3" wide and long enough to make a U at the top with a diameter the same as the bar and a T at the bottom. When in place, it should be long enough to put a small amount of pressure on the bar with no clothes on the bar WFM (worked for me)

rpkeida

Alaska Wilderness
We had the same problem, but a trip to Home Depot resolved the issue. We purchased a 10 foot segment of white 1 1/4" white pvc plastic pipe and 2 "tee" fittings. The pipe was cut to length to fit under the metal brackets (that hold the clothes rod under the top shelf). A small v notch was cut in the top of the plastic pipe so that metal bracket rests in the notch to avoid any sideways movement, and the T fitting was placed on the bottom of the pipe. The support was placed under each of the 2 metal brackets, remains almost "invisible", and the rod (hung full of clothes) has not had any problems for many miles over a year of traveling. Sorry I don't have any pictures - but it should be easy to figure out.