rv insurance

SmokeyBare

Insurance rates are based on Location... even different rates for different areas of a State. Rates are also based on one's own Credit Score... so it's not an easy question to answer.

We full time... we need a policy that offers that level of coverage. Not only for the RV... but also for liability insurance to protect our selves in the event of claim against us from someone.

I selected a company called "RV America" . This company is not a true Insurance Company but one that packages a bundle of insurance coverage that meets the need. They provide Insurance exactly like an Independent Insurance Agent would provide for their customers.

http://www.rv-insurance-coverage.com/fifth-wheel_coverage.asp

Good Luck with your research.

Insurance

We recently bought our 1st RV.....did extensive insurance shopping and ended up with Foremost. Thought they had the best coverage for the best price.

thomasinnv

it really depends if you need full timers insurance or just regular comp/collision. regular liability will be covered by the tv policy. if you need just regular insurance then i would just shop around the same you would for car insurance. if you need full timers insurance then you need to be a little more meticulous. some of the best who offer full timers i have found to be Foremost, Poliseek (AON) and good sam. i beleive progressive offers it too, but i hear they sometimes hassle you on paying a claim. I had Foremost originally, but when i bought my new 5er Poliseek had a better rate and better coverage so i switched. Progressive and good sam didn't come close for me. YMMV

SmokeyBare

For those who are part timers or who still live in a sticks & brick home.

I believe the tow vehicle Liability coverage stops once the Trailer is un-hitched from the tow vehicle. Once it is no longer attached to the tow vehicle... the liability coverage should go to your home owners policy. For those who are not home owners... I would guess liability should be covered by their Renters Liability coverage.

For Full timers... with no home policy to cover the liability... As Thomas stated... they need protection by full timer coverage.

Marv

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I'd take a good look at Foremost. If you're a part-timer, or use a seasonal site like us, Foremost allows you to temporarily drop the collision part of the coverage while the rig is parked or stored. Saves a few bucks. Liability, theft, fire, everything else remains in effect. They're also very good about claims, too.

I know for certain that State Farm's coverage does not allow you to do this. And the Foremost policy also covers roadside assistance on your TV, whether the rig is on it or not. Foremost also has total replacement coverage, not depreciation, if something unthinkable happens to your rig.

www.foremost.com

2010augusta

Is Foremost the same as Farmers-Foremost? I currently have Farmers Ins, but the body shop says it is Foremost by Farmers. I need more/different coverage, so I guess I'll be talking to my Farmers agent and a Foremost agent.

wdk450

BH insurance

Gang:
I have GMAC/Good Sam coverage for my Bighorn 3670. I just paid a quarterly installment of $250. That annualized amount is nearly what I pay on my homeowners insurance for a $300,000 house. I know that the house doesn't incur the added risk of rolling down the highway, but is this the going rate for RV insurance???

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have Safeco. No problems. Used to have Foremost. Safeco is MUCH less money for the same coverage.

2010augusta

Gang:
I have GMAC/Good Sam coverage for my Bighorn 3670. I just paid a quarterly installment of $250. That annualized amount is nearly what I pay on my homeowners insurance for a $300,000 house. I know that the house doesn't incur the added risk of rolling down the highway, but is this the going rate for RV insurance???

Well I have the trailer as a rider/writer ( I don't know Ins lingo) on the truck policy through Farmers and both are $68.00 a month. My wife's 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee is $72.00. I think the trailer added $12.00 to the truck policy.

thomasinnv

Gang:

i am assuming that is full timers insurance? as to the "going rate" it can vary ALOT depending on the exact coverage, and mostly the replacement value of the rv and the covered contents. I have fulltimers through Poliseek (National Interstate) with full replacement and personal contents among many other things covered under the policy and my annual premium is $470 on a brand new 5er. I was paying the same amount on a 10 year old trailer with Foremost with almost the same coverage.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
i am assuming that is full timers insurance? as to the "going rate" it can vary ALOT depending on the exact coverage, and mostly the replacement value of the rv and the covered contents. I have fulltimers through Poliseek (National Interstate) with full replacement and personal contents among many other things covered under the policy and my annual premium is $470 on a brand new 5er. I was paying the same amount on a 10 year old trailer with Foremost with almost the same coverage.

It will also vary for different locations. My fulltimer's ins dropped 50% from Oklahoma to South Dakota.

lwmcguir

Our insurance is based on a dollar value we set for replacement. We chose 60K as the value. It runs just over $300 per year. $500 deductible. Rates are based on multiple line coverage which includes credit rating of all things.