PK's tire blowout with trailer damage

Princess Kathleen

Third time...A charm?????

Hi ya ll,
Hubby and I are trying again to get on the road....got from Toledo Bend Resort, Anacoco LA to just north of Shreveport....a blow out....lost the underling, insulation and a left rear tire....

Have Good Sam on the way...this modern cell phone and INTERNET has been most convient....

More on our magical mystery tour as we continue (hopefully) ....

PK

jpmorgan37

Hey PK;
Hope that you get it fixed in a hurry and that the rest of your travels are happy encounters and uneventful as far as the vehicles are concerned.
Good luck,
John

Trap

At least your problems aren't gonna take long to get corrected, and you should be on the road in no time. Just remeber it yours to enjoy.

TrapNone

Princess Kathleen

no road service yet

Yep no service after calling Good Sam....they can not find a tow truck big enough to help us....it has been since 1:00 p.m. and no luck...we have more than a blown tire...the axles are askewed....frame is bent....and we are on the literally on the shoulder of US 71 at mile marker 210.....with rain and nightfall coming....if there is anyone out there that could help....please pipe in.....we have even called the Louisiana state police.....:confused:

PK

jimtoo

What do you need a tow truck for? I cannot believe that Good Sam cannot find a service in Shreveport or area to change your tire and at least get you off the road. This certainly does not speak very good of them at this point. Did you run over something in the road? Keep us informed as to the results.

Trap

I can't beleive they can't find a tow truck to haul your rig. Hopefully if you can change tire or get it changed you can limp into the closet town.

Good Luck and keep your fingers crossed.
Trap:(

Princess Kathleen

not dealing with just a tire

We have major damage.....axles askewed, frame bent, something about the chasis (?)....so here we sit....now havingto wait until morning......

pk

Trap

Really sorry to hear about that, that does not sound good. Don't let all this get you down as there's always a light at the end of the tunnel, sometimes we have to go through a little dark to get there. We feel for ya.

Trap

Midastouch

PK ..... Where are you on Hwy 71? I am just NW of Shreveport and can see if I can help ...Tell me what I can do!

My cell number is 318-272-1156 and although I'm out in the country and the reception is not that great ... I can try and help or send one of my co-workers out there too to check on you if you're still in my parish (Caddo)

Please let me know how I can help you!

Lynne

jimtoo

If the tire blew and caused the problem be sure you hang onto the old tire, and any other parts. You will need it in support of any claims you might make against anyone.

Midastouch

I just talked to our dispatch to ask where mile marker 210 was and they informed me that our sheriff's office responded to PK out there.

Not sure what they did or where PK is .... but glad to find out my department helped them out!

PK ... Let us know how/what's going on! Wish I had read this sooner but hope our folks are there for you.

Midastouch

Lloyds Wrecker service here in town has a flatbed they can haul your coach with .... if you need a reference for service here in town ... let me know. My son happens to work for an RV dealer and can take a look or refer you. You may have already made contacts here, but for future reference ANYONE....give me a holler if it's Shreveport/Bossier City you happen to be in!

jbeletti

Lynne,

I had PK's cell phone so I called and spoke to Vance. They are safe, off the road a bit and have the OK to spend the night there.

They got hold of Lippert and they will have a man on site in the morning. I gave Vance the cell phone number you posted and I read him your posts with various offers of help.

They are near you. Thank you so much for your offer of assistance.

Jim
574-333-1153 (call if we need to chat)

Last edited:

Midastouch

Jim ... Thanks for the info as I have been wondering how/what happened to them since their last posts.

Let them know that if they need anything while they are here, to please call me. The area they are in is mostly farmland ... cotton and cornfields up in the north end of our parish here. Good country folks mostly but the towns are just a blink of an eye and you're through them as you travel up Hwy 71 ... pretty busy with truckers, etc...

I'm on an "8-5" work schedule and my office is downtown Shreveport at the courthouse ... if they need the Sheriff's Department or any RV assistance, don't hesitate to call on us!

God Bless!

Trap

That's one of the things I love about this site. It's great to know that we have friends almost anywhere we travel. Keep up the good work people.

TrapNone

Princess Kathleen

Location of PK

Hi MidasTouch

I am on US 71 N (closest house address is 8645) and just in front of mile marker 210.

So far we are doing okay....slept in the Luv Shac...on the shoulder of the road....not to bad, but I do not recommend this spot....We are waiting on a Lippert (frame makers for Heartland) to come out from Bossier City....then from there we do not what is next.....

If I need assistance I will call....thanks for caring:eek:

PK

jpmorgan37

PK;
We are 1500 miles away but prayer will travel that far. Just want you to know that our prayers are with you.

John

Midastouch

PK .... Holler at me and maybe I could meet up for some lunch/dinner while you're in town. :eek: The circumstances could sure have been much better but making the best of it helps! If nothing else, I could recommend some places while you're in the area ....

Princess Kathleen

Rescued!!!!!

Hi to everyone.....

We finally got off the US71N shoulder....the Luv Shac is parked in a horse field waiting for Lippert to appear in the morning to start working on her.....Steve from Lippert showed up around one this afternoon and after alot of hmmmmmmmmmmm and head shaking.....he came to the same conclusion the tire man did at one yesterday....we have a big problem......no wrecker service could come and move us.....so hubby with the help of Steve moved the Luv Shac with three wheels and insulation, wiring and etc hanging out and down on the road about 100 yards into the horse field.

We are in a hotel....in Shreveport....had a good meal.....getting ready to take a soaking hot bath.....and sleep under AC .....we are taking our guest we had with us back home tomorrow and then we sit and wait hopefully by the weekend we will be back on the road....this time heading to Elkhart......

We will give updates as the repair works continue:eek:

MidasTouch we tried to call you so if you see a 337 number it is us

PK and Vance

Midastouch

PK,
I just looked at my cell and noticed the number ...:eek: sorry ... has been a hectic day and the week of the 15th for me always busy with my "clients" so to speak, having to report in for the month:rolleyes: Office number 318-681-0864 My cell is usually in the desk drawer while at work ...

What hotel are you at? Was wondering what towing services were contacted for you? Get some rest, give me a shout tomorrow if you would like ... have the house closing at 3:00 ( I'm holding my breath;) ) and would really like to meet up and say hello.

:confused: I'm really concerned about your situation too! Placing my order tomorrow, so .... gosh .... sure want to know how all that happened, as I'm sure everyone else is! Thank goodness ya'll are OK!