WATTS 263A--pressure moving

aatauses

Hi everyone,
Thanks for all the advice on a pressure regulator. I did purchase a WATTS 263A, per most of your advice. I am having an issue with it. I installed it after my filter and before the line coming into the RV. I read instructions about setting it and adjusted it to 42# and tightened the small bolt on the T handle. For a while the guage reads 42#, however every so often it jumps to 50-55--60#??? Is this happening with others or do I have a faulty pressure regulator?
thanks
al
Currently in FL

jimtoo

I have had one for several years and can't say as I have ever seen mine register other that what I have it set at.

When this happens, do you notice an actual higher pressure at the faucet?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have a watts regulator as well. If you set your regulator to 42 psi at a time when there was high usage at the campground, 42 psi might have been all that was available. After the usage decreases, the source pressure will go up. Then its time to reset it. I keep mine set at 55. Let us know how you make out.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My Watts N55B came preset at 50 psi and that's where I leave it. The campground pressure was always a bit less than that, usually 42 -45 psi.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have been using the watts 263 also since 2006 and only have had to replace the gage because I broke it.

I put my regulator on a local water hydrant. They are normally above 60psi, so I then set the regulator to 55psi and leave it there. When I am on a shore water that is less than 55psi it will register the actual pressure being provide.

I always place my regulator closer to the faucet and with a Y valve and the filters closer to the trailer. That way if I want to use the water for some other reason, such as flushing the tanks, I am not using the filtered water.

That is my way.
BC

lwmcguir

If you want to see the pressure and the gauges wear out, you can get a liquid filled unit that will last. We only run 35 psig and it seems to be adequate. Got in the habit way back when we didn't have Pex in the coaches. Certainly worth haveing a regulator and filter no matter where you like to set the pressure.

Last edited:

aatauses

jimtoo,
Yes we do get higher pressure at the faucet and then it goes back to 42#. My concern is why the fluxation on a brand new pressure regulator? I did send a note to the RV filter store and will let you know what they say. Conerning the campground useage, when I see the high pressure, I run a faucet, and then reset to 42 again, however shortly after that it will go back up again?
al

jnbhobe

static preasure will make the gauge go up (no water flowing) if it goes back to 42# with water flowing its probably ok. JON :cool: :cool: :cool:

aatauses

I have set it with static pressure (no water running) to 42#. We use water a few times and check again under static pressure it is up to 50--55---60?? I thought the purpose of a pressure regulator was to have constant pressure coming into your rig and more importantly to regulate any high pressure form coming in. But if I set it static at 42 # and then a little while later the static reads 50 to 60#
al

jimtoo

aatauses, I am like you, it should never let pressure be higher than what it is set for on your system. If it lets it equalize, then why have one. I think something is wrong with yours.

Jim M

aatauses

I did get a reply from RV filter Store. They want me to take it apart and clean it and then recheck it. They thought there could be a piece of dirt inside and is causing the fluxuation. He did mention if I wanted to return it I could and they would clean it and return to me, but I will try the clean out first before I return it to them.
al