Great handling trailer with my F250

caissiel

I have done a lot of complaining about my unit, but one thing that I do brag about is the drivability of my unit. I am amazed at the ease of handling this trailer in the hills, and specialy going downhill. With my previous 5th Wheel I usualy had to pull it down the small grades, but this unit just glides down these small grades as if there is hardly any wind resistence. In the hills while driving on I84 and I81 in PA I got as good Millage as on the flat. My millage so far has been above 11MPusG. I met a Big Horn Owner in NC and he found the same with his unit while towing with his GM2500.

bill40

Caissiel,
We just returned from a 9200+ mile trip and were very pleased with the the BC. I kept the psi at 110 and had no problems with the tires. On the way out temp were above 100 from OK west coming back in the 50's by mid day but lots of rain. Going out we hit a lot of wind and the mpg dropped to and avg of 10.8 lot's of long grades to 7000ft. Goming back it got better thanks to the cooler weather and rain, the computer gave a read out of 12.8 but as I found out it is about .6 off. The trailer was very good
in both the flats and mountains. Living here in PA we do have hiis compared to out west. The higiest we got was 9500 ft and the old 3500 did not even breath hard. Never changed the setting from #3 the whole trip.

lwmcguir

We have found that our 38.5 foot Augusta pulls as easily as our 33 foot Yellowstone. The Yellowstone was similar in design just a bit shorter. The end caps are worth the extra money if they aren't standard on the unit you purchase. The rear cap does make a difference as well as the front.