Bed Frame coming loose

HOSS

I am wondering if anyone else has the same or has had the same problem I just found in our 3670rl. The bed frame has pulled away from the wall at the head of the bed:eek:. It looks like just one screw holding frame to wall. Has anyone had this same problem and if so what kind of a fix and how difficult is it todo. I have not had a chance to take any pics yet but if anyone has any of the fix I would appreciate any input. :confused:

HOSS

jnbhobe

Hoss; Mine came loose when it was new. I pulled the matress off. Then I took off the cover hinges and struts.I just squared things up and added some 2x2s and renforced everything with screws and glue. While in there check the 110v wire for the receptecales on the sides of the bed. Mine were catching on the slide mech. and were cut. JON ;) ;) ;)

jnbhobe

I agree it is something to check !! Its not worth a trip to the dealer, just open it up , check to be sure its out of the way of the slide mech. and close it up. 30min max and you done and never left the yard. JON ;) ;) ;)

HOSS

I'am pulling it home tomorrow and will have everything out so I can get to it and see just what needs to be done. Thanks for all of the feedback on this. This is the best forum for getting help and ideas for fixing the little problems that periodicly come up. Again thanks.

HOSS

caissiel

I have modified the the bed frame to fit our 60" wide Queen bed from the 70" King. While there I lifted the head by 1 1/2" and installed brakets to hold the frame and in addition changed the storage area and added 4 addition inches of storage deeped by changing the framing arrangement. Everything was reinforced and improved while I was in there. We campers have the time to do it right because we don't want more troubles down the road. I had to lift it because I need to have the head higher then the body.