Branson, MO

MsBamaJams

2010 Landmark Oakmont
Husband and I just purchased the 2010 Heartland Oakmont. Decided to make our first trip to Branson. Would love some suggestions on places to stay. I would also like to say that we have found this website very informative and some of the issues mentioned on this site helped us greatly when we took delivery of our coach. This will be our first Heartland RV, we are excited about becoming part of this community. Thanks!!!

jimtoo

Hi MsBamaJams,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here and all willing to help and share their knowledge.

It's great to have you as a member of the family and check out the Heartland Owners Club also.

If we can help you with anything, just ask. Someone knows the answer or can lead you in the right direction.

Enjoy the fourm.

Jim M

We have stayed at the KOA,,, right in town, close to everything, very nice, and we have also stayed at the Americas Best Campground, nice, some spaces are kinda tight, but overall a nice, good place.

jnbhobe

Welcome to the Heartland family, I have stayed at KOA, was just bought out by another company. Nice place but was $$$$$$$$$$$. Was at ABC last month, as Jim says some tight sites but reasonable.Have also stayed at Music Land, Its right by the strip but kind of tight also. Have fun JON ;) ;) ;)

bill40

Welcome to heartland, three weeks ago we stayed at the KOA in Branson and found it very nice and had large sites. It was close to everything . There was a motorhome rally going on while we were there and a lot of them checked out our BC.We enjoyed there company, we were there for a week.

CrazyScotsman

There is the ABC CG. OK cg, a few miles out of Branson in Forsyth is the Shoals Bend RV resort, clean tidy place owners very friendly. Sites are concrete and level with a small patio. Think it's about 13 miles from there to Branson.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We stayed in Branson this last May. Were going to stay in the Escapees park but they were full. Looked into ABC but they were hosting a rally. So we went to Branson Lakeside RV Park. This is not a great park but it is on the banks of the lake and if you request a site at the far end, Sites 135 thru 150, it is not a bad place to stay. The other sites are pretty close but liveable. You can put an awning out without hitting the rv in the next site.

This is my review of the campground on RV Park Reviews.
Shore Services: 50amp, Sewer good, Water @ 45+ psi - AT&T Cell Phone: Good signal - Sprint Air Card: Strong signal. I use a freedom antenna to assist air card - Cable: Excellent over 100 channels and XM music. Better than most. - Site: 80 - Site Size: about 60ft. Long enough for my 38ft 5th wheel but not the Tow Vehicle - Site Closeness: Close. They park the units so they use the separate shore power at the same location. - Roads: Gravel packed partly rough. - Restrooms: Locked. Need to check out a key. - Laundry: Good small but works well - Long term tenants: Didn't see any DirecTV Satellite: Good signal - Payment: Credit card - Additional Remarks: The way they park you, door side to door side, makes it close when opening out the awnings. They have sites on the far end that are about double width than most of the sites. They cost a little more but would be worth it. There is a train that goes by and will be loud if you don't have white noise. - When we stayed here it had rained a lot and the lake was up almost to the first row of sites. Close to Branson Landing shopping area. Not a bad place to camp. Would stay here again but I would look for the larger sites at the end.

Here is a couple of URL's that you can check out.
RV Park Reviews of Branson Campgrounds

Branson Lake RV Park

Branson Lakeside RV Park Site Map

Something else. ABC has a nice Thanksgiving Dinner. We have friends that go there every year...

Hope this helps.
BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Have photos of Branson Lakeside RV Park..

Here are some pictures I took of Branson Lakeside RV Park.

It was in May and the lake was real high closing some of the sites by the shore.

BC

Attachments

• DSC_1251.JPG
    DSC_1251.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC_1252.JPG
    DSC_1252.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC_1260.JPG
    DSC_1260.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 43

MsBamaJams

2010 Landmark Oakmont
lots of thanks

Thank yall sooo much for all the great info!!! All of it has been really useful. We are very excited about going. Did a "one-niter" in the driveway this past weekend....needless to say we went and purchased a memory foam topper for the our mattress today....haha. Also found a small hole in the air mattress in the couch, and of all things we can't get the washer door open. Thats pretty good for one night I guess. :) The dealer has already replaced the air mattress and will be calling the washer supplier to find out what we need to do with the door. Look out Branson here we come :)