storage building for Big Horn

J

jjjelm

We just bought a 2006 BH 3055RL and plan to build a storage barn....anyone out there built one? .....what size...details...advice! Wonderful Wyoming

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I built a barn (3) trailers ago. Unfortunately size matters. When I built the barn I planned for a trailer bigger that what we already had but did not plan for this Bighorn.

If I had to do it all over again I would have 14 foot high side walls with a 14 foot high door (if they were sliding doors---the cheaper route),better yet make the side walls taller to accomodate a garage style door. Make sure to have the overall size of the barn big enough to accomodate the slides, and add about 10-15 feet more front to back. I would pour concrete and have a 100 Amp breaker box installed for lights and a hookup for the camper. May as well run phone and water while you have the trench open for the electric. My current barn is 30 x 50 x 12 foot side walls. My frame of mind is that it can never be big enough. Everytime I
see another barn going up a mumble to mself "better make it bigger".

I may cost a little bit more for the concrete and utilities but when it is all finished you'll be really glad you did.

Good luck,

Mark