Do You Rely on the Tank Readings?

LookN4Ward

Our NC has two gray tanks and one black or holding tank. In the bathroom is a monitor that allows you to get the tank levels. I've found it is advisable to hold down the button to get the levels for 10 or more seconds. Often the initial level given will drop to a lower level.

Initially I put trust in the settings, but became suspicious after emptying the holding tank every other day for over a week when the level read 2/3rd full and finding nearby RV'ers going a week without emptying their holding tank. Two people couldn't be generating that much holding tank waste every two days?

To investigate my suspicions I held the flush valve open on the toilet to add several gallons of water to see what would happen. I probably added 10+ gallons of water. The initial 2/3 rd full reading went to full, but more water could have been added.

4ever

I use them as a guide only. I think my gray tank readings are a little more accurate then the black. I notice that the black will register 2/3 very quickly however takes longer to get to the full mark. Had a boat and had the same problem. Gauges are not that accurate.

Ted

2010augusta

We leave the grey tanks open and they always read empty, the black tank will read 2/3 in about 2-3 days and then full in 5-6 days and start "burping" in 8-10 days. the gauge will read empty after flushing the tank.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Dang sewer squid got their tentacles wrapped around the sensors. At least the trout head downstream when the dam opens up :D