Washer door stuck closed

2010augusta

Is the "door locked" light on when the washer is turned on? To open the washer door you will need to turn the wash on and and turn the dial to a final spin cycle and let it finish a "cycle". Then it will unlatch the door. Happened to me the first time too. Ran the Washer for PDI and the turned off without the cycle finishing.

MsBamaJams

2010 Landmark Oakmont
Thanks for the heads up on the washer door not opening. Hubby tried several versions of that over the weekend and still would not open. He spoke to Ariston tech today.....after some diagnostics, it seems that it was wired wrong at the factory. (wires to door hooked up to power and vice versa) They are takin steps to fix the problem. :)

MsBamaJams

2010 Landmark Oakmont
okay...washer door all fixed!!! I have to say that the customer service dept at Spendid/Ariston was fantastic. They sent us the part asap and then stayed on phone with hubby to explain the process in fixing the washer door. The hardest part was figuring out how to get the dryer out of the the tight quarters....took a hour to figure that out...man. I think they built the coach around the washer/dryer combo...hehe. Anyway, new latch is installed and REALLY hope that never happens again!!

Happy Trails
Jammie