Is your roof tight????

2 Cats

HI ALL,
Just a quick question are your roofs streched tight were they roll over the sides or are they loose with air pockets & bubbles all over ??????????
Taking my rig in for a list of things and would like to know how yours fit.
Seems to me they should be tight as a drum head thanks for your help.
2 Cats

Last edited:

Loco

Roof rubber

Our is the same way. Talked to dealer they say it ok. But I am like you. I have seen other make units with a rubber roof tight all over. They really look good.

Mine is not tight. Has bubbles on side in places. Asked dealer and he said it was normal and ok. I guess only time will tell. I have an 07 Cyclone also. I ahve looked at many other brands and some are tight and some are not. Don't know if it ia a QC issue or just normal.

jbeletti

My EPDM rubber roof is like big kahuna's - tight on the top of the roof but some small bubbles where it wraps around the side. No worries or leaks after 2 seasons. I think I'll be okay.

Jim

donabel

Mine is loose and bubbly. And I think I have the slide problem.
Is the slide accessed from under the bed?

Don

mufflerman

Mine is wrinkled on the sides also, And the tops of the slide outs have wrinkle's and what feels likes wood chips under it, It's got me concerned!

Jett

The roof on my 08 3210 is pretty tight. There is some very minor bubbling where it wraps around the sides, but not much. Overall, it's one of the best looking rubber roofs I've ever seen.

Donabel -- On my 3210, the slide mechanism is accessable by removing the plywood top on the bed platform. I also had to remove some of the carpet and smaller plywood panels that are visible after you remove the platform top. I had to remove them to get access to the slide rollers.

Jett

donabel

Thanks Jett,

I called Cust. Svc today and he said I could go in from under the back of the slide or the top of the bed platform. It is definitely shakey and loud to open and close. I took the top of the bed box off and could not access the rollers. I found a sheared screw head on the floor under the bed but could not get to the rollers ( darn fat fingers). I may have to take it to RVsforless, but, that is tough since I live in it. Time will tell. Thank you for the info.

Jett

Don,

Check-out my post "Bedroom Slide Roller Bracket Came Loose" in this forum. It contains some details on what I and others have done to fix this problem. Is one corner of your slide dropped down -- allowing that corner to drag on the rubber seal retainer strip and making lots of racket? That's how I discovered my roller bracket was loose.

All you can see from the back of the slide is the top of the roller -- you can't access the bracket that secures the roller to the wall. Plus, the fasteners that secure the bracket to the wall located under the roller and go from the inside toward the outside. On my 08 3210, even with the bed platform completely removed and the the carpet and "access panels" removed, it was still a tight squeeze to drill new holes and install fasteners.

donabel

Took mine to a dealer to check slide, mentioned that roof pops. He went on top and informed me that the roof was not screwed down or the screws popped through under the rubber. Looks like a trip to INdiana to get it fixed.
Full timers can not afford to leave it with the dealer for weeks.
All these problems are getting tedious.

Don