King bed in 3055rl

dennis2188

My wife and I are new owners of a 3055rl and have a question for other owners of the same model. When the bedroom slide is in, it pushes the bed up into the vanity door and puts a lot of pressure on that door. Is this common of do we have a problem that should be addressed by the dealer or heartland?

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
We have the same problem. Our fix is to leave the right hand door open so the corner of the bed goes into the cabinet. quick easy fix. Just make sure that when you close the slide that the door is OK.

jimtoo

Hi dennis,

We also have an 3055RL, it is almost 3 years old and the bed does the same. I don't think there is enough pressure to hurt anything, or at least it has not damaged our door or mattress.

Also, Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information. So just ask away.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Two Hands

Our 2007 Big Horn 3055RL has the king size bed and does the same thing. When the slide closes it bends the corner at the foot of the mattress but has never caused any damage.

Clark

We actually replaced our factory King bed with a California King (82"X72") rather that 80"X70". It is also much, much thicker than the origional so I stand and hold up on corner and place it on top of the sink while the wife brings the slide in. Works well so far. I had not realized that everyone else had faced the same problem so we just did what had to be done. The new mattress sleeps Very good and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Clark

We have the same issue but so far it has caused no problems. Hope that you like your 3055RL as much as we do.
Larry and Joanna Smith
Our two yorkies Lizzie and Molly
2010 Big Horn 3055RL
2008 Dodge Ram Diesel "Big Horn" Edition

dennis2188

My wife (Rhonda) and I would like to thank all of you that replied to our question. We'll sleep a lot better now, that's a joke, but seriously thanks a lot.
Dennis

OwensMom

King Bed

Dennis, we also have a 3055RL. We found the matress to be VERY uncomfortable and I went to work shopping at Walmart!!(tough job but someone has to do it.) I bought a foam pad & pillow top matress pad. Put these on the bed and now Jim says that "the bed sucks the life out of him". Translation-he sleep very well.
Next problem was when the slide came in there was little space for the mattress to slide in. My solution was to pull the blankets and comforter from under the mattress and pile on the bed. Much better and no pressure on the door. Welcome and enjoy camping, Lynn

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
I have and 08 3055rl with the same problem, We have many many miles on it with no problems. We did put a memory foam topper on it from Costco and it is now great to sleep on.