Sea Foam

Rmcgrath53

I was having what seemed to be a fuel injector clogged up. I have been hearing about a product called SEA Foam. I used it and it cleared my injector problem right up. I have used it in 2 tankfulls. Anyone else use this stuff?
Ron

DMitch

I have used it in outboard motors that the carb needed cleaning in. Works great, it is also a good motor stabilizer.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've used it in all of our gas powered cars and equipment in the past but haven't tried it in the diesel yet. The instructions indicate it's OK to use in diesel though. I've been running Diesel Kleen with what seem to be good results. I think the mix on Diesel Kleen makes it a cheaper alternative. Now that we've bought another car I should pick up some Seafoam next chance I get.

lwmcguir

Use it in all my Diesels, trucks and tractors. Great Product, you can get it at WallMart and all parts stores.

lwmcguir

Sea Foam really works best for moisture in your gas or Diesel. Good for cold weather for sure but don't really change the Cetane much. You still need to allow for the Cetane adjustment if you are traveling with your Diesel in below freezing temps. The Diesel heaters on board will keep you going if you get started but jelling can give you a lot of grief.

boatdoc

I use it in all the engines in my shop and try to get my customers to use it also. When I put people's boats up for the winter their gas tanks get it added to the gas and then run to treat the whole system. It's really a good product and just a bit more money than stabil but it does so much more. Napa just had it on sale last month for $6.50 a can.

babycampers

Yep, at least twice a year (under 10,000 miles per year). Glad we were told about it. We have never had to drain water yet out of the separator.

RollingHome

Yep, but Sea Foam from NAPA and use it twice a year on my gas engines. They run smoother after I do this. Maybe I should try it on the diesels...