TV In the Bed Room

Hi Gang,

It's us again, the New Bees (Tumbleweeds), Ken and Net. We're so new and wet behind the ears we're not sure where to ask this so here Goes! We have a TV from our home we want to take with us and put in the bedroom of the Mount Rushmore but do not know the dementions of the TV Nook! Can anyone give us a hand with depth, width, height and length, size of opening. Hey I told you we are newbees!None

God Bless
de KB2SGF & KB2SGG Ken & Net The Tumbleweeds

God Help Us When We Finally Get On The Road!

jbeletti

Hi Ken and Net,

What year is your trailer? I have a 2005 with the non-suites layout. The TV is over the washer/dryer cabinet. I can get those dimensions for you tomorrow when I am out to my trailer, if you have not heard from anyone by then.

If you have a later model year with the suites layout, others will have to weigh in.

Jim

Jim,

I should have known you would be the first to reply. This will show you how new were are for we don't have our rig yet but hoping it will the a 2006 Mount Rushmore. I will look at the pamphlets we have and see what's there as well. We are looking for some general layouts now. BMW Gives me quite a slection of Retirement Gifts to choose from and we are trying to decide on the 32 in. HD/TV for the living room and taking our Old tv from the house when we sell (hopefully real soon!!!!!!!).

Thank you for the come back and tomorrow would be great if it is not an inconvience!

God Bless and 73's
The Tumbleweeds (Newbees!!)
Ken & Net

ct0218

I have a 2006 Mt Rushmore but I am 480 miles away from it right now. I can get the dimensions for you later tonight when my wife gets home from babysitting the grandkids.

jpmorgan37

Hi Ken;
My Grand Canyon accommodates a 19 inch TV. The cabinet opening is 20" wide by 16 1/4 high and about 16 " deep. BTW, mine came with the TV and a 27" flat screen in the Living Room. Are you sure you aren't getting one also?

John

jbeletti

Ken and Net,

Wish I could say I answer first because I have all the answers. But that would be far from true. Truth is that we have many owners that are active on this forum that spend much more time in their unit and have had many more RVs than I. And they do a great job of helping others out. As Admin, I get an email of every post made in every forum, so I see all the posts in near real-time.

That your coach is new, undelivered and does not come with a bedroom TV tells me that it is likely the new "suites" layout. So I won't be able to give you the measurements you need.

I see John (jpmorgan) has weighed in above. Maybe his unit is the new layout. Clark (ct0218) too may have the new suites layout.

Hopefully you'll have your "for certain" dimensions yet this weekend. If not, just call the factory and ask that they call over to the Landmark plant and take the measurements. The factory website says that the space fits a 20" TV. That may not mean all 20" TVs.

Jim

ct0218

Looks like John and I have the same setup in the bedroom. 20 inches wide and 16 3/4 inches high.

You are All Great and Thank You!

Gentlemen:

Thank all of you for the information! The reason we ask is we want to maybe save a little money by using the TV we already have plus the 32 in. HD/TV with DVD that will be my retirement gift from BMWNA. That way we might be able to pick up some other option for the Mount Rushmore. Not sure what yet but we have to get off the stick here PDQ!!!!:eek:
My wife and I feel we have fallen into a very rich experience to come and its all the great people who have offered assistance that tells us that.

Again, thank you from us!None
The Tumbleweeds Ken and Net
KB2SGF & KB2SGG

jpmorgan37

Ken, was that motorcycles or cars that you are retiring from? I retired from Honda and spent 10+ years with Suzuki before that.
John

Bmw Na

John,

I spent 12 years with the Motorcycle Group and 13 with the Auto. Group. Back in 1981 is was enterviewing with Honda, Suziki and Kaw. when BMW oftered me a position. I started as National Training Manager for the Motorrad Group and was then transfered to the car side as an Area Rep. then transferred to Auto Training to write the Electronics Courses and Electrical Troubleshooting Courses. Let's just say I have had a lot of different jobs at BMW of the last 25 years and will finish out my career there as a Parts Consultant for both the Cars and Bikes and Mini.

I looks like we have a lot of the same experiences. I had a couple of friends working with Honda and Suz. I raced a Honda Elsinor 250 in Motorcross and Raced a Suz. 250 in GP Roadracing. Been messing with Motorcycles since I can remember and still love them today. Unforunately a spinal injury keeps me off of them now. BMW has a K1200LT Touring bike and I was test riding a customers bike for a handling complaint. Found only 3 lbs. of air in the front tire and 5 in the back. After correcting the tire pressure I returned to the dealer. Bike was fine but when I got of the bike my foot was in some sand and started to slip. The bike started tofall but like an idiot, I stopped it and set it uprite. Four hours later I passed out in my hotel room with two blown discs, two side and two levels.:(

Oh well, I guess that's life!! I can't complain for I've been able to things and go places on Motorcycles that the average guy only dreams of. Life is what you make it!!!!!:p

We have got to get together somewhere, sometime and share some funny MC Stories. I bet between the two of us we could keep people laughing for a long time. Just thinking of Lake George and the Aspencade makes me smile:rolleyes:

Best wishes,

The Tumbleweeds
Used to Be National Motorcross National Number 10 in 250 class (Honda)

jpmorgan37

:D Hi Ken;
It's a wonder that our paths didn't cross somewhere along the line. I was the National Enduro and ISDE team manager for Suzuki. Was the "daddy" of the PE 250, PE 400 and PE 175. After I left Suzuki, I was the American Team Manager for the AMA at the ISDE. After I went with Honda, they felt that it would be a conflict of interest for me to continue in that role. So for 14 years, I did training of all sorts for Honda and then my last four years, I was in Research and Development. I never got into Motocross. My love was Enduros. Maybe next year we can get together at the Rally in Indiana. I'm sure we could find something to talk about.

John
1982 AMA Sportsman of the Year:)

Trap

KMA Dakota welcome to the site. Have you got your landmark already or are you just in the process of ordering. One thing about motocross and enduros or cross country I'm sure you guys would have some great stories, I only did it for about 10 years at the amatuer level, but it was one of the best eras of my life.

Trap;)

John and Trap,

John it is a wonder that we did not trip over each other in the past. Most of my time was spent in the Southeast for we lived in North Carolina. And to Trap and John, I have to agree that the years spent Racing and Just playing around with my racing friends was great. I would like to get a copy of "On Any Sunday" to show people our era! I was lucky to get to know a few of the Penton family and Gary Baily. There might be a few others that might remember me from back then as well. I was not known for winning a lot of races but I was such known for spectacular
crashes! Hi Hi

Looking forward to meeting you both. Maybe they might start a section just for old Dirt Doggers!!

God Bless
73 & 88's
KMA Dakota Alis KB2SGF
One of the Tumbleweeds

Ref: TV in BEDROOM
Thanks to everyone out there who assisted us on this. It looks like we are out of luck for our old TV fitting in the space provided in the bedroom. Unfortunately it is 23 1/2 in. high, 26 in. wide and 19 in. deep. Just not going to fit. and just when I gave away my wood stretcher! Hi Hi.

Again, thanks everyone! The very best to you all and will see you down the road. If I can every be of assistance please let me know!!

Ken & Net
The Toubleweeds
(No we don't have the rig yet but are closer to a good quote. Now to get my son of his duff and get us our truck (He is the F&I Manager at a Ford/Chev. Dealership).
God Bless and gone for now.

Trap

If your going to be ordering opt for the thermopane dual pane windows they work so much better than the single pane. Warmer in the cold (way less sweating) and cooler in the heat.

All the best Tap

Only a few Weeks to Go!

Again there are some great people out there who are willing to share and it is very much appreciated!!:D

We are now waiting for our quote on the unit we want with the features and yes, the thermal pane windows was one of the top things. We are both from North Dakota and know about cold and after 20 years in North Carolina, we learned about the heat.

We can only wish ya-all the very best and god speed. Looking forward to joining the club real soon!!:p

It now time for this old man to get a few things ready of tomorrow and the last week I will be working at Good Old BMW of North America, LLC. Boy that sounds good!!!!!:rolleyes:

The very best to all of you and God's Speed. We will be seeing you down the road!

Ken and Net
The Tumbleweeds