Ford's Scorpion plant in Chihuahua Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Ford 6.7 Scorpion plant in Chihuahua
84a55fc8-e408-4337-81fa-dc9e75cde16e.jpg

Just reading the news "the mexican president Calderon came to Chihuahua to inaugurate the new Ford Engine plant". Looks like the new Ford diesel is born south of the border. :D

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Lets see now, we've got a choice of Government Motors, Fiat/Dodge or made in Mexico Ford.......hmmmmm decisions, decisions!

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Yep that's why I've already placed my order for a new 2010 6.4 Ford. Besides being made in Mexico the new motors are full of new EPA crap that I don't want!

truknutt

Committed Member
That's great, Keith!! Get all your friends to BUY, BUY, BUY those beautiful Fords...my stocks need the boost!!:p

With this last round of cruise control recalls we're a little light on the dividends!! :mad:

wdk450

Large Dodge Ram's are already made in Mexico

Lets see now, we've got a choice of Government Motors, Fiat/Dodge or made in Mexico Ford.......hmmmmm decisions, decisions!

From Wikipedia:
Production

The Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 are built in Chrysler's Saltillo Assembly Plant in Coahuila, Mexico, and the Dodge Ram 1500 is built in the St. Louis Assembly plant in St. Louis, Missouri, and at the Warren Truck Assembly Plant in Warren, Michigan.

caissiel

Ford has had Maxican plants before, my brother in law was working in the Crown Vic assembly plant and they had issues with Engine pistons made in Mexico, they found out that the turn over of workers in the plant was so bad that they ended cancelling the orders for pistons. Yes only GM HD's will be assembled in the US for now. The Rams have been assembled in Mexico for over 10 years, The cheap Cummings are also mostly made in Mexico. The Industrial Cummings are made in the US. Its a Cost Compitition. Or Profitability, we surely don't see the savings here.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
That's great, Keith!! Get all your friends to BUY, BUY, BUY those beautiful Fords...my stocks need the boost!!:p

With this last round of cruise control recalls we're a little light on the dividends!! :mad:

Well, I hope you've enjoyed my support of your retirement. I've done my best to keep the money rolling in for you.;) With this new 2010 F-450 I'll be trading in the 2006 F-350, which is the last of my 350's. Now my fleet will be all F-450's. Two 2008's, one 2009 and the new 2010. Boy am I making you rich!!:)

Keith

vangoes

Just an FYI................the recall on the 08's 6.4 faulty radiator is made in Mexico. Mine went out (starting leaking and was replaced) with on 7,000 miles! Can only hope the replacement radiator came from a different line than the originals.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
From Wikipedia:
Production

The Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 are built in Chrysler's Saltillo Assembly Plant in Coahuila, Mexico, and the Dodge Ram 1500 is built in the St. Louis Assembly plant in St. Louis, Missouri, and at the Warren Truck Assembly Plant in Warren, Michigan.

The truck plant in Fenton, Missouri ( St.Louis ) is now closed and up for sale , just an update.....Kenny

biggziff

Yep that's why I've already placed my order for a new 2010 6.4 Ford. Besides being made in Mexico the new motors are full of new EPA crap that I don't want!

The 6.4 has all the particulate filters and regeneration emissions equipment also. That's why the 6.4 and the newer Dodge/GM diesels don't get the great MPG that the older diesels do. Take a look at the 6.4 forum on www.ford-trucks.com and read for yourself.

lwmcguir

6.7 Scorpion has the Urea tank you have to refill as well. Not sure if down the road you can remove the Urea. I know they are already removing the filter in some states and most other countries.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Making the new Ford motor in Mexico could be a blessing. Think about it...now there are jobs in Mexico and they won't have to illegally cross the border into the US taking US jobs here. BTW many in Mexico think the US is just an extension of Mexico already with over 1 million illegals here aready and printing almost everything in English and Spanish well it costs us millions of $ already. The illegals already use our health systems, schools, etc with our federal government doing nothing to correct this problem. Maybe more manufacturing in Mexico rather than China would be better for the North American economy anyway. (I will climb down off my soapbox now) IMHO

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Making the new Ford motor in Mexico could be a blessing. Think about it...now there are jobs in Mexico and they won't have to illegally cross the border into the US taking US jobs here. BTW many in Mexico think the US is just an extension of Mexico already with over 1 million illegals here aready and printing almost everything in English and Spanish well it costs us millions of $ already. The illegals already use our health systems, schools, etc with our federal government doing nothing to correct this problem. Maybe more manufacturing in Mexico rather than China would be better for the North American economy anyway. (I will climb down off my soapbox now) IMHO

If the politicians did anything about the illegals, they'd have to cut their own lawns and clean their own houses. Don't think you'll ever see that.

jbeletti

The truck plant in Fenton, Missouri ( St.Louis ) is now closed and up for sale , just an update.....Kenny

Kenny,

I think I drove past that plant on the way home from the MO rally. It looked dead. I was wondering what it was. Sad that it closed and moved the jobs south of the border or wherever they went.

It had to be a real blow to the local STL economy to lose those jobs.

Jim

katkens-DW

Yes it was we had a few people at the hospital who's husbands had lost their jobs. It was vary hard for them.

katkens

Kenny,

I think I drove past that plant on the way home from the MO rally. It looked dead. I was wondering what it was. Sad that it closed and moved the jobs south of the border or wherever they went.

It had to be a real blow to the local STL economy to lose those jobs.

Jim

It really hurt ,lost thousands of jobs and the plant had been recently upgraded to new automation , makes since to me. The last I heard some foreign electric car manufacturer was thinking about buying it, more of our money going to other countries. The local news said the trucks would now be made in Mexico , bailout really helped american workers, sure....right! :(...Kenny

Delaine and Lindy

Ford ?????

I read last night on some RV news that Ford is building a Factory in China. Don't know what they will build. But Labor cost want be a issue, and there is plenty of it in China. I'm sure there are no unions there. China is the fastest growing economy in the world, thinks to our run away spending. Our little county at one time had the third highest unemployment in the USA it was 28% now its 17% but thats not a true number, its because they thru a little stimilus money there and it will be gone in 18 months and unemployment money want be there. Then what happens????? GBY....

wdk450

"Cheap Cummings Made in Mexico" - NOT

Ford has had Maxican plants before, my brother in law was working in the Crown Vic assembly plant and they had issues with Engine pistons made in Mexico, they found out that the turn over of workers in the plant was so bad that they ended cancelling the orders for pistons. Yes only GM HD's will be assembled in the US for now. The Rams have been assembled in Mexico for over 10 years, The cheap Cummings are also mostly made in Mexico. The Industrial Cummings are made in the US. Its a Cost Compitition. Or Profitability, we surely don't see the savings here.

Here is an article about the Dodge diesel engine production line ramping back up in INDIANA.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/wxin-cummins-worker-recall-100709,0,3987505.story

Status
Not open for further replies.