Ordering 2011 Sundance 2900MK any advice?

cashb

Hello everyone, we are very excited about our Sundance order! Any other 2900MK owners out there with advice, comments (negative or positive), info, etc. This forum is filled with great information, thanks to all for posting!

Dave

Traveling Two
Get the second air conditioner for the bedroom, it might be to late but if there is an axle upgrade go for it, we upgraded our refridger from the standard 6 sq foot to 8 sq foot but really didn't help a lot. Get a hitch system to improve the ride and keep the road shock off the camper, our 3300SK came with shocks which helps but there are other improvements to soften the ride for the camper. We've lived in our 3300SK for 13 out of the last 17 months have had very few problems of which I repaired. Good luck, be safe and have a good time.

I would get the electric awning for sure.Just bought a 2010 2900mk,way to high to reach without a step ladder.That is the only regret with my trailer.

jnbhobe

CASHB; If you want an electric awning, you can have mine.I wish I'd never accepted it I ordered a manual one, any breese and its in the air.:eek:

jnbhobe

Ok real quick; If your facing the wind almost any little breeze will lift the awning because there is nothing to hold it down. JON

Duramax1

All you need are tie down straps, exactly the same straps that would you use if you had a manual awning.

jgallego

I had my manual awning converted to electric and we love it. Works great it will retract during certain wind situations. But you can set the level of toloerance to the wind. We use it a lot more often now than when it was manual.

Jaime

buckeyebob

i have a 2900mk 2009 and a curt 20k hitch(800 dollars installed).havent experienced the "chucking "others talk about,pulls great,had to use highest hitch setting for bed rail clearance 2007 chevy 2500hd.the 16 inch wheels are nice 10 gallon hw heater,heartland makes a quality unit you wont regret it !!!!buckeyebob

cashb

Thanks everyone! I did consider the second ac as we live in Florida. Then my brother told me we could have his brand new 13,500 low profile with a heat pump!! Still in the box! I do have a question about the heighth change to the vehicle... anyone know if this will make the vehicle taller than the 11' 10" it's advertised to be?? Guess it will depend on the exact location in the bedroom of the ac? We also plan on an electric awning AND rear jacks... Thanks for the input!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Cashb, the 2nd A/C will go where your vent fan is in the BR. Make sure you order the coach with the wiring installed for the 2nd A/C. Bob:D

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
You need to make sure you ordered the optional 50 amp service. If not the 2nd AC will not help you much.....Kenny

cashb

thanks, yes the 50 amp is a priority for us! Has anyone with the bedroom ac measured the heighth of their vehicle?? We are limited due to an enclosed storage space.. Heartland fortunately includes second ac prep as standard in the Sundance Package! (along with many other previous options)

Rrloren

I bought my 2900mk off the lot and it has most of the options except the 50 amp service which I wish it had. I haven't experienced the wind problem with the electric awning.
I do get a bit of "chucking" when towing but not bad. Just ordered a set of air bags that I hope will resolve that issue , plan to install them this week.
Good luck with your Sundance.

cashb

All the input is great, helps me get a clear picture of what we might need, want, etc. Does anyone have the dual pane windows? I am wondering if they truly help with the heat/cold insulating issue? Our fifth wheel now is terrible in regards to no insulation, therefore it gets VERY cold in the winter, and barely keeps up with ac in the hot summers... I know the underbelly being covered should help, but I am paranoid from my present experience.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We have the dual panes and wouldn't have another rig without them. I think the sound deadening alone is worth the price. We were in campground close to the interstate , we could hear all the road noise in the neigbors rig but not in ours. In our previous rig we had a lot of condensation on the windows in cold weather , we have no problems with this rig.
I would also make sure to check that the 50 amp upgrade includes the wiring for the AC to be on the safe side. I think one other thing I would get is 16 inch wheels , not sure if that is changed from 15 inch for the new year but don't think so........Kenny

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Cashb , I bought our 2900mk off the lot. If we had order I would have upgrade the wheels & axles. We love the floorplan !!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
cashb, katkens is right on in his description of the dual pane windows. We have them and will never have a coach without them. If you can swing it, do it.

Peace
Dave

cashb

great info! Thanks for your time! Looks like we will order nearly all the options available! Might as well get it right to start with... Can't wait to join the ranks of Heartland owners.