better way to keep awning secure?...

dougw

I was wondering if there was a good way of keeping the electric awning more secure when it was extended. I had it out the other day in a light breeze and it was folding up onto its self. one of the arms was pushing closed while the other stayed out more. it was less of a breeze then our old manual awning would stay out on, or I would leave it out in.

any suggestions on securing it better? the biggest problem is it is so high off the ground it is hard to reach as well.

thanks
DW

porthole

Retired
If we are staying for more then a day or two I use awning straps.
I alos carry a 4' step ladder in teh garage.

currituck0209

I use the long rubber bungees, that way there is some give when the wind hits it. Most people along the coast where Im at, use a spring hooked to the screw in cork. works very well.

currituck0209

Awning

The S hook , hooks on the end of the awning just as the roller ends, I did have to bend the S hook out a little.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
You said you have an electric awning...
Is it one that is suppose to retract if a certain amount of wind is present?
If so can you turn off the auto retract off?
I don't think you don't want to have it tied down if you can't turn off the auto retract.

BC

Here is a photo of how I tie my manual down.. I think some others do this also..

Attachments

• Awning tie down.jpg
    Awning tie down.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 59

jnbhobe

Bob; Only the awnings on the early Landmarks had wind sencors. All the ones used on Heartlands now are push button operated.(wanted to say manually operated but that don't sound right) JON :D :D :D

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Our "classic" Landmark has a wind sensor on the auto-awning. Yes you can turn the 'auto' feature on or off. I understand the newer models do not have the wind-sensor feature.