Splendide Washer/Dryer Combo Installation

jamesrockwall

BigHorn Owner
I have a 2008 Bighorn. When purchasing a Splendide Washer/Dryer unit to install in my RV, can I use a vented model? Are there specific installation instructions?

jbeletti

Yes, you can use the vented model and it is recommended over the non-vented model as it dries more efficiently and potentially puts less humidity into the RV. Installation instructions can be found on Splendide's website here.

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just like home! You can see the vent above my head. Our's is a Splendide combo unit.

Badpig

John & Becky (with Piper)
We put a Splendide combo unit in our 2010 Big Horn 3055RL and went with the vented model. I would avoid the unvented unit to avoid other issues. There are no studs in the area the vent comes out at which is very similar in location as the one in the above photo posted by John & Darlene. Just measure twice (or three times) and drill the hole. That was the nerve racking part. I got the vent from Camping World.

John

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We bought the non vented model used in 2005.My wife likes it but if we were buying again I would get the vented model.

CrazyScotsman

We have the Spendide combo, vented, it works good, but just make sure you carry an iron and ironing board in the coach, because the clothes come out wrinkled .

caissiel

We have installed our W/D in the unit the 1st week of ownership, and cannot do without it for sure. Washing is a none event as you just load and unload all done. Our vented Spendide is the larger vented model 2100 and is now 4 years old. I am sure the smaller unit would surely be less efficient. I used a white regular vent and made the hole in the white, we can hardly see the vent.

tilleyjs

Splendide xc2100 does great for what it is. Take upwards of 2-3 hours to do a load of clothes. Leaves clothes very wrinkled. Just grab clothes when dryer finishes to prevent extreme wrinkles. Still better than going to laundomat.