Race/Rally

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Just wondering if anyone would be interested in combining a Rally with a Nascar Race? There are many race fans on the forum and in the Owners Club and it just seems to be a match. Race tickets are easier to obtain these days as well. We are getting group ticket prices from Dover just to get ideas. What do you think?

timdebs

WE ARE VERY INTERESTED! We already have tickets for both Bristol races next year. Never been to Dover, but willing.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Very cool Tim, I am just trying to get an Idea if anyone would be interested. I'll stay in touch.

John T Bettencourt

I go to Dover for the Sept. race. The only thing is it is expensive to park your rig. I park behind the super market right next to the track and it cost 300.00 to 400.00 dollars. combine that with tickets and travel expense and your looking at about 1000 dollar weekend. Thats why I do not do both races there.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
In order to Race Rally we would need to go to a campground because we would never get say 10 sites together. We did this last year from Cedar Creek Landing.

timdebs

I checked mapquest and Dover is about 40 miles closer than Bristol for us. I agree with you we need to go ahead and start looking and planning.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Deb and I might be able to do Dover. No guarantees yet - so many camping trips to fit into vacation schedule.

DMAX154

We are intrested as well. I have been to Dover and we have tickets for both Bristol races. Either of the fall races would be great. I know if you go to Bristol I always stay at Bristol campground and I am sure they would be happy to have our group should we decide to go there. They have always put me where I wanted to be and if you would like help if we decide to go to Bristol I will do what I can as far as Bristol Campground goes..

timdebs

DMAX what does Bristol Campground charge? Do they have full hook ups? We too have tickets for both races next year and we stayed at Race Day Campground this year. It was very nice, full hookups, and right across the street from the track. It is pricey $620 for the week. We used to stay in Boone at hotel cost $497 for 3 nights then had to drive back and forth about an hour 1 way and sit in traffic, then had to eat out every meal, bottom line spent way more than $620 by staying in hotel.

DMAX154

DMAX what does Bristol Campground charge? Do they have full hook ups? We too have tickets for both races next year and we stayed at Race Day Campground this year. It was very nice, full hookups, and right across the street from the track. It is pricey $620 for the week. We used to stay in Boone at hotel cost $497 for 3 nights then had to drive back and forth about an hour 1 way and sit in traffic, then had to eat out every meal, bottom line spent way more than $620 by staying in hotel.

Bristol campgorund charges $160 for race week. No they don't have hook ups. It has never been a big deal to us because we have generators and we are set up to stay at places like this. I know not everyone is,but we are. They are less than 1 mile from the track and have trams that run back and forth the whole weekend. The last several times I have been there, there have been a ton of extra sites and I KNOW they will put us togather if we jsut ask. I have been staying there for years at least 6, I know they will. They have always given me what I wanted, all I had to do is ask. The economy is hurting they will do what ever they have to, to get business.

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Just hoping you understood Duanes' reply. I know we would be in on this if you are able to set it up. We have actually been talking a lot about going to some races. Duane has been a race fan since he started riding a bicycle!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Well, we were thinking Dover. We would have to get a large rally going to get group ticket rates though. 40 or more tickets and you only save a few bucks. We were at Dover in June and we stayed at Cedar Creek Landing. 20 Minutes south of the track (90% post race traffic goes North). I was figuring we could obtain our own tickets so your personal seating preferences would be met. We could carpool to a tailgate party across route 13 from the track. Campground is all full hookup. 50 amp!

If we opt to obtain our own race tickets and we make our own reservations wouldn't be much work to put this together. Everybody post their thoughts so we can decide what to do!

DMAX154

Well, we were thinking Dover. We would have to get a large rally going to get group ticket rates though. 40 or more tickets and you only save a few bucks. We were at Dover in June and we stayed at Cedar Creek Landing. 20 Minutes south of the track (90% post race traffic goes North). I was figuring we could obtain our own tickets so your personal seating preferences would be met. We could carpool to a tailgate party across route 13 from the track. Campground is all full hookup. 50 amp!

If we opt to obtain our own race tickets and we make our own reservations wouldn't be much work to put this together. Everybody post their thoughts so we can decide what to do!

What does this place cost?

DMAX154

I don't like staying anywhere that I have to drive to the track, the whole traffic and drinking and driving doesn't excite me. I know we can get a group of 10 or 15 sites at Bristol, all we have to do is talk to Bristol campground and tell them that is what we NEED or else we go somewhere else. I know they will bite on 10 or 15 of us.