Factory Repairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Let me get this straight. Other than your latest post and only 1 other post earlier this year. You took your BC to the "Heartland factory" in Elkhart Indiana for repairs? As a normal rule repairs are NOT made at the factory. I do agree it doesn't look real good. I must say that the sealer cracking around the front lower wall is pretty much normal. Mine does it and once a year I reseal it. Its caused by normal flexing of the frame. Bob:D

sunriverman

factory repair

Regardless of where the warranty work was done, none of us Heartland product owners would accept such sloppy work. Sure we can recaulk ourselves but that is not our responsibility during the warranty period.
Heartland needs to step up and make things right. Sooner or later poor quality will always come home to bite you in the rear. I would be terribly disappointed and would have never left the plant with such poor workmanship.

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
Let me get this straight, YOU picked this up from the factory or another repair facility? Either way, I dont think I would have pulled it off thier yard.

Tom of Ypsi

Unless this is your home and you needed a place to live why did you accept this? I am like the rest of the members, it would still be sitting there waiting for the proper repairs. We have had ours in the factory for repairs and our coach came out better than new and over and above what we expected.

brunsje

IMHO
Looking at the pictures and judging from the quality I do not believe this ever went to the factory! I think the dealer said he shipped it back and it went to a small repair shop in NV instead! Why would the factory paint over a decal or mask off a decal when a new one would be cheaper!

Demand a factory rep to come out and see this repair WITH you and your attorney!

I really think Heartland will step up and give you a new unit!

rick_debbie_gallant

If this unit supposedly came back from the factory then someone (you) was scammed!!! There is no way that Heartland would take in a unit for repairs and return it in that condition. By the way How long did the "factory" have your unit?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
IMHO
Looking at the pictures and judging from the quality I do not believe this ever went to the factory! I think the dealer said he shipped it back and it went to a small repair shop in NV instead! Why would the factory paint over a decal or mask off a decal when a new one would be cheaper!

Demand a factory rep to come out and see this repair WITH you and your attorney!

I really think Heartland will step up and give you a new unit!

My thoughts, too, but on one of his photos he claims that Jim Fenner signed off on the repairs. Now, does that mean he personally saw the work and OK'd it or signed off on the papers authorizing the warranty repairs to be done at the NV facility?? But, since he drove off with it, most likely after signing he was "happy" with it, he may be stuck with it.

jimtoo

I think at this time we need to back off and wait for a comment from "out the car window", the OP. If she or he will come and answer some of the posted questions, then we might better know what has happened and where the unit was repaired and why they picked it up in this condition if they are unhappy with the repairs. I do agree they do not look the best, but let the OP explain why they picked it up and if it was in fact in Elkhart or some dealers shop.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I second Jims statement. Lets wait for The OP's response before we "beat up on anybody". We need more facts as to who, where and how. I, like other poster's are just having a hard time believing that the Heartland Factory did this type of work. Looks more like a "Jiffy Lube and Tune" type work and very shoddy at that. I would have been livid if my coach came back looking like that. JMHO Bob:confused:

charlie51

I agree on waiting for a response. I hope this is not factory work, because that's one reason I chose a Heartland and not some other model. I do have a friend who has another brand who is going through similar problems with his maufacturer over damage caused by the factory on warranty work. It's actually a lot worse than this case. They pulled up the roof to fix a leak and used staples to secure it back and just globbed caulk to cover it up. Also messed his walls up in the process. Hopefully this is an outside vendor or service provider that actually handled the repairs and not Heartland.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Those of us that were at the National Rally in Goshen have seen the work that Jim Fenner and his crew turn out. I agree that it will be interesting to learn where this work was actually done when the OP returns.

In his first post, January 9, 2009 he is looking for a dealer to do some warranty work. Now he makes this post yesterday and posts photos that were posted October 27, 2009. Why the big time lapse for this?

truknutt

Committed Member
OPer probably just wants to rant and get the forum riled up. I agree with the others...after seeing the work done at the National Rally, I really believe this was actually done by a repair shop of some kind.

caissiel

I like to see proper signiture from complainers when I read most forums, I do read and comment on lots of forums, specialy the Ford PSD forums.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I get real aggravated at people that post these inflammatory remarks and then don't return to check on the responses. I think anyone can see that there is a real problem with these "repairs". My concern is where they were actually made. I suspect that Jim Fenner signed off on someone doing the repairs and that is where the breakdown came. Perhaps the work was done at a non-Heartland shop and this likely the first time Jim F. or anyone else at Heartland has seen the work.

I hope that out the car window returns to enlighten us about what happened.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Maybe they don't want to return to answer the questions because they have been "caught" with a false post. We will never know unless they respond. I will say those of us who have had work done at the factory know their work is not typical of the type the factory does. Personally I don't believe what they posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.