Dining Table Touches the Island

lwmcguir

Our table contacts the island slightly. Looks like we can take the screws out and move the table to-wards the window to minimize or completely stop the contact. Has anyone else done this or had a problem with them rubbing?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ours did slightly, so when we bring in the slide, we place a folded table cloth over the edge. No problem.

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
We dont have that same problem. But, we did unscrew the table from the floor so that we can move it anywhere we want it. It was the first thing I did when we brought it home. Put it in place, side the chairs up close to it and strap them down, the table doesnt move at all during travel.

2010augusta

When we had a table it was very close to the island, but did not touch. The chairs would rub on the counter top.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We dont have that same problem. But, we did unscrew the table from the floor so that we can move it anywhere we want it. It was the first thing I did when we brought it home. Put it in place, side the chairs up close to it and strap them down, the table doesnt move at all during travel.

There's some other folks that do that, but with our floorplan, we really wouldn't gain much doing that.

aatauses

Yes, ours touches the counter (we have a 3670). After added inspection I found the table is not square with the wall so only one side hits. Currently we put a towel between them when they are closing. I do plan to take out the screws and square the table with the wall to give us the clearance.
al

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
A quick and easy fix, ours did it also on our Augusta, A quick trip to lowes/home depot, go to the plumbing isle and pick up a stick of split foam insulation tubing, cut to the length that you need, once cut when traveling spread the insulation open over the edge of the table, close the slide and the counter presses the tubing to the shape needed and will not fall, you can also cut short pieces 4-5 inches long and place them between the chairs to keep them from rubbing, cost for a stick around 2-3 dollars.
Hope this works for you it has for me for several miles and no damages.
Mike

Neville

My table was mounted with the extension leaf pointed to the wall when I took delivery of my 3670. I unscrewed it from the floor, rotated it 180 degrees, and also moved it a couple inches towards the couch. Haven't had the slide in yet since repositioning the table, but will check it closely.