underbelly

sgmskm

can you give me info on getting the corugated plastic underbelly for my 2010 26srl. i would like to add this to my tt. or link me to the supplier wher i might be able to purchase.

jimtoo

htneighbors, the Cyclone Lover has purchased some of the corrugated plastic I think to better insulate his Cyclone. He could tell you where it is available.

Jim M

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
sgmskm...Here's a link to the post you made 2 days ago asking the same thing. I answered it there, too.

It is corrugated plastic material (plastic 'cardboard'), commonly referred to as Coroplast, who just happen to be the mfg. Here's a link to one of their pages. I bought some in Denver from Regal Piedmont Plastics, to complete the underbelly under the garage on my Cyclone. I bought some that was black and 5mm thick. Regal doesn't have any locations in your area, so here is the link to authorized distributors for Coroplast in the US. Just use some good self-tapping screws with some fender washers when installing. The underbelly's not as difficult as some might think. Definitely time-consuming, though.

Or - do as Jim suggested - call Heartland Customer Service. :)

sgmskm

thank you for the info. i have noticed i can buy the 4x8s sheets from several companies online, but i know the factory underbelly is supposed to be one piece. i am going to try customer service the 1st of the week. i figure i give that a try 1st then move on to online ordering or maybe try and find a local company to buy from.

porthole

Retired
What does the factory use to seal the seams around through holes - silicone?

I'm referring to the areas where expanding foam is not used.

Pulltab

thank you for the info. i have noticed i can buy the 4x8s sheets from several companies online, but i know the factory underbelly is supposed to be one piece. i am going to try customer service the 1st of the week. i figure i give that a try 1st then move on to online ordering or maybe try and find a local company to buy from.

You would be better off using the 4x8 sheets in my opinion. It is nearly impossible to put a one piece on the bottom once the axles are installed. The sheets I used to cover the bottom of our Fleetwood and yes it is time consuming but worth it.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Pulltab is 100% correct! Use the smaller sheets and screw them down to the cross braces. This is extremely beneficial when you need to get back into the belly, you only have to drop the section you are working in. When I removed my one-piece underbelly - I cut it along the cross braces, rather than try to fight the entire piece. Much easier when re-installing! :)

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I am about to tackle that job also. What type of tape did you use to seal the seams between the 4 X 8 sheets?

Dave

Dave, I have yet to tape my seams, but I do have a couple of rolls of the Nashua - see attachment. When I screwed it back down, I used 1-1/2" fender washers on the self-tapping screws and spaced them 8-10" apart going side-to-side. Just make sure you get it fitting nice & flush. :)

Attachments

• Nashua Select 527-20 Flashing Tape.pdf
    130.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Nashua Select 527-20 Data.pdf
    53.5 KB · Views: 9

Pulltab

Heartland has some kicktail tape that looks as if it were carbon fiber although it is not. It works fantastic! Barring that I bought some clear tape from mcmaster carr and it was designed for plastic and I believe it was made by 3m and was called a super tape or some such thing. When I did my fleetwood I also put the bubble reflective insulation on the bottom like Heartland does and to fasten it up I had used aluminum strips that were 1/8" x 1" and drilled holes about every 6 inches. It gave a nice sealing pressure although the fender washers do a pretty good job. I bought my coloplast from a printer of signs and paid about $13 a sheet. He could get it in about any color I wanted but I got the black.