One Year of Retirement

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Today is exactly one year since I retired from Law Enforcement. We came home after my party and left for the campground and have only spent two nights in the house since then.

We've changed trailers since then, from a Bighorn 3055RL to our 3370RL. We have had a great time since retirement, and like so many before me have said, I should have done this years ago.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Happy retirement anniversary. Like they say ... "Time flies when you are having fun" :)

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Congradulations Jay
We have the same feelings. Wish I could have started this when I was 55.

I keep telling a lot of these young people to start an investment fund as early as possible.

You and Stella Travel Safe..
BC

2010augusta

...and like so many before me have said, I should have done this years ago.

I guess that is why we are doing it at such a young age, I am acting like I am retired at the age of 28. I like this reverse life style, I might I to be working a job when I am 60, but for now we are having a blast. Glad your are enjoying your retirement, maybe some day we will be able to retire, just maybe:rolleyes:

Tom of Ypsi

Jay, Congratulations on 1 year. As you stated and we have said it, wish we would have done it earlier in life. When you finally sell the house it will even get better, less worries. Enjoy retirement while you can never know what is around the corner.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Congrats, Jay & Stella! Though not retired myself, I have been fulltiming in the Cyclone for over 1.5 yrs. Older than the youngster, Alan - but too young for retirement - it still beats going to a 9to5! Luckily, the DW got to 'retire' from her job (quit) and join me this past June. I look forward to when we can travel more and see more and not be in one place so long. Like Tom mentioned, I can't wait until the house gets sold. Save me lots of $$$ and concerns. Just sitting there, anyway! Hope to see you on the road! :)

talley

Jay, congratulations on the one year retirement milestone. Hope you have many more. BTY... hope you have gotten rid of that house (don't wont it to be enticing you back):) ...as if!!!

jayc

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Gary and Tanna have it right that every day is a Saturday and then there's the day of rest, Sunday!

Jerry, it looks as if we're going to have to hold on to the house for now, hoping the market turns around. Don't worry, we're not gonna be enticed to go back there.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Glad to see your getting ready to go play. We need more help out here.

I retired on April 1, 2007. Made it through 3 years working on number 4.

Get hooked up and letter rip.

BC

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I've got 9 working days before I retire! Berry and I are excited.

Janet

Seems like you were just saying you had a couple of more years. Time flies. We know you are looking forward to your retirement. The hardest thing about being retired is remembering what day of the week it is because everyday is the weekend. What a great deal.

jayc

Congrats Janet, we can't wait 'til you can come travel with us...like Bob said, we need more help out here.