Key-less Entry Retrofit.

2010augusta

Is it going to be possible to get the key-less entry system that is available in the new 2011 B/H and LM as a retrofit kit from either Heartland or the manufacturer? Who is the manufacturer for the system? Just think of ways to spend money we don't have.

jbeletti

Alan,

I believe the doors are supplied by Lippert and the keypads by Southco. Not sure who supplies the actuator.

From what I have seen, DC power need to be supplied to the door. This is done via door jam contacts. A plunger switch is also used - perhaps for door-position status.

You could change out your entire pre-hung door with the new ones, if the rough-opening is exactly the same (unsure of that).

Jim

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
I plan on waiting for remote control basement door locks, like they have on some Prevost of Van Hool tour buses.

2010augusta

Thanks Jim, but that is probably more than I want to do, I was hoping I could just mount a controler and wire it in to the rest of the 12 volt system. darn.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Alan, There are several manufacturers of keyless entry locks for houses. Both touchpad and pod. There are also a few that run off of a battery (triple A and 9 volt).

They are dead bolt by design.

The biggest issue installing one on a trailer door would be the thickness of the door. Mobile home door locksets are specifaclly designed for thinner doors, Depending on the lock design, you could probably modify the lockset to fit your door.

If the batteries fail, there is still a key you can use to gain entry. I have touchpad locks on my house that are powered by two triple AA batteries. They last about 6 months but give plenty of warning when they need to be replaced.

Pretty cool idea putting them on your trailer.