insulating my 3010 underbelly

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Rick, contact Heartland and get some of the coroplast, 1 1/2" self tapping screws and some fender washers. Also get a roll of the insulation (bubble type from Lowes or Home Dept). Cut to fit and voila. You might want to contact "HT Neighbors" as he has done his. I did go a step farther on my BH. I bought sheets of the 2" foam insulation from Lowes and screwed it to anyplace that the sub-floor was exposed. It has a R value of 7.8. You can also double it with construction adhesive. 1 1/2" deck screws and some small washer will hold it. Bob:D

Bob&Patty

HT, 1 thing I did do was buy 2" heater flex tubing from D&W in Elkhart. I made some "T"s from 1 1/2" PVC T's and 1 1/2" pipe and hooked it to the 2" flex coming from the heater into the underbelly. I ran the flex tubing around the 3 holding tanks and punched holes in the tubing about every 12". I also had to install a "T" to run the the flex tubing to the rear of the Horn for my fresh water tank. Let me tell your that it works great. You can feel the heat in the floor of the coach now. I'm in the process now of tapping into the same hose to run heat into the basement. I also installed the same block foam in the BR floor joists. Just my nutso way of doing things. After all I am from Calif. Bob:D:D

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Thanks, Bob. Excellent idea! I thought I had read somewhere else about you doing something like that. I'll definitely keep this in mind for the next time I do any work under there. I have tank heaters, but would love to have the extra heat coming through the floor. My basement is already toasty warm every time I get into it when the heater's been running. I like the bedroom floor insulation, too.

What's up with your cat anyway? Mimicking the owner, or what? :D Put it in the Bighorn next time you head out and see how it goes! :)

Bob&Patty

HT, you take the crazy cat the 1st time. She is full of claws and teeth..............and doesn't have a sense of humor. Bob:confused: