Questions about the Cyclone 3612

HD_RoadDog

I am curious about changes to the Cyclone line for 2011.
I was informed by my dealer that the under belly utility boxes were going to be discontinued to cut production costs.
Also perhaps some changes to the electronics equipment in the newer units?

After veiwing some images from different dealers that have the 3612 in stock. I noticed that one in particular from Holman RV had looking forward in the coach a creme wall color liken to the rest of the coach walls. But in every other photo is shows a wood grain finish like on the entry doors to the bedroom bathroom respectively with a mirror and magazine rack. Does the 2011 Cyclone 3612 have the wood finish wall to the bathroom as depicted on the photo's from the Cyclone website or creme wall color?

And most Cyclones are set up for television connections in the main bedroom. Is the 3612 equipped with coax etc in the bedroom for television hookup and where is the location of these connections?

Information on any other changes would be appreciated.
Thanks !!

jimtoo

Hi HD roaddog,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information. Someone will jump in here and give you some answers.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

tcbrady

thanks for your interest in the 3612 Cyclone! This 3612 unit will have the cherry wood grain look with a mirror and magazine rack. We are no longer using the creme color wall board as we used initially.

Yes, we removed the underbelly utility boxes. We did this as the Cyclone has beaver tail storage and we decided to invest those $$$ savings into other areas of the Cyclone (i.e. Dexter axles with EZ Flex suspension, heat in the garage, 2 additional speakers in the garage, spring loaded hidden hinges, 30" residential OTR microwave, memory foam pillow top mattress, etc.)

Hope this helps with your question.

thanks!

HD_RoadDog

Thanks for all the updated information about the 3612 sounds like a good trade off to me. Is the microwave still the halftime convection oven but just larger?
I was also curious are there any provisions for television viewing in the main bedroom of the 3612 floor plan???

Just to let you know that I ordered a 2011 3612 today. So I am now part of the family, glad to be aboard.

jimtoo

Welcome aboard HD RoadDog. Now the hard part comes,,,,,, waiting,,,, waiting,,,, waiting..:D.

When your new toy comes in,,, be SURE and do a very complete PDI. Try not to overlook anything, even the smallest little thing.

Jim M

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
And most Cyclones are set up for television connections in the main bedroom. Is the 3612 equipped with coax etc in the bedroom for television hookup and where is the location of these connections?

Information on any other changes would be appreciated.
Thanks !!
I was wondering the same thing!

HD_RoadDog

Thanks for the welcome and advice Jim will give it a thorough looking over before taking delivery. And I called the dealership about the TV hookups in the bedroom and he said they were in the ceiling on the enrty door side of the coach FYI.
Thanks again

jimtoo

HD RoadDog,

You might want to check with them again or maybe someone will jump in here that knows for sure, but I would almost bet they were talking about the cables for a roof mounted satellite dish if they were left up in the ceiling. Maybe I'm wrong, but might be worth another phone call.

Jim M

2010augusta

Jim and HD I think you both are correct, The cable, antenna, and the jack for the satellite are on the wall plate with the booster, mounted to the ceiling, and the roof mounted satellite prep should be above a speaker in the bedroom. At least in our LM that is the case.

robnmo

Just found this forum, and signed up. We had the same questions about the interior finish as well, thanks for the info..........and forum. We just got an email couple weeks ago, our new (1st) Cyclone 3612 has an offline date of the 15th of this month, and waiting is definitely the hardest part. We've been pacing the floor for weeks. :)

jimtoo

Hi robnmo,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. I'm sure the waiting must be hard, but when you get your new toy you will have lots of fun creating memories and camping.

Hang in there, mean time, enjoy the forum.

Jim M