12 volt outlets

charliehorse

Looking at my owners manual it says a sundance fiver has 2 12 volt plug ins - one in the interior and one in the storage bay. anyone ever seen these ? Give me a hint as to where i might find them on a 2009 2900RK. thanks .

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
I also have the 2009 Sundance 2900MK and have not found the 12V outlets. Could have used one with a 12V compressor the other week to blow out the waterlines for winterization. Had to bring out the extension cord and use my Sears AC powered unit.
If I am missing them, please let me know as well. Otherwise I believe 'thomasinnv', and they are no longer installed. Too bad.:(

2010augusta

I have installed one in the battery compartment, but they are not installed by the factory any more. the manual must be out of date.

jbeletti

I believe it's an error in the manual (outdated reference). I have flagged it up to management for correction in the next printing.

While these outlets are handy to have if you need them, I would caution against using a 12 volt compressor with one unless you wired it yourself with heavy gauge wire and fuse. I believe those a compressor with the pressure and volume to blow-out the lines may pull some heavy current.

As Alan did, they are pretty easy to install, depending on where you need one. In the UDC would be handy for that compressor. Just buy a higher current rated receptacle and wire it straight to the battery with a fuse inline.

Sorry for the error.

Jim