Dish Network 2-TV DVR

nemo45

I had my Dish Network 2-TV DVR system hooked up to send the signal to the bedroom TV on my 2009 3600RE over the antenna/cable wiring. Because the antenna signal booster is in this line it diminished the signal to where it was snowy on the bedroom TV. Because the Big Horn has two satellite inlets, one for each TV you can put a splitter on the satellite in line from the dish and hook up to both satellite inlets and the with a splitter on your satellite in line to the DVR box itself you can hook up the TV2 out to the splitter and send the signal to the bedroom TV thru the satellite in line bypassing the antenna signal booster for a clear picture on the bedroom TV. I hope my explanation is clear enough. I'll add a couple of pictures tomorrow in the daylight, maybe that will help too. You'll also need an A/B switch to connect the bedroom TV to the antenna and satellite connections above the TV.

osims

bsims
Nemo45
I have a dual tuner Dishnet box on two tv's. It takes the separater that came in the box and two diplexers. One diplexer goes behind the separater at the recever and the other goes in the Udc on the incoming sat wire. There is a diagram on Dish website, will look again in the AM and try to find. You are backfeeding the signal thru one coax. If you need to PM me and we can walk thru this on the phone.
Bill

nemo45

Nemo45
I have a dual tuner Dishnet box on two tv's. It takes the separater that came in the box and two diplexers. One diplexer goes behind the separater at the recever and the other goes in the Udc on the incoming sat wire. There is a diagram on Dish website, will look again in the AM and try to find. You are backfeeding the signal thru one coax. If you need to PM me and we can walk thru this on the phone.
Bill

Mine works, don't need any help. I was trying to help others with the 2-TV DVR from Dish Network set up their units. Maybe I didn't explain it good enough.You can use two splitters (separater) and the one diplexer that goes to the two satellite inputs on the back of the DVR. I didn't use the diplexer that was on the antenna/cable inlet. The two signals do not interfere with each other. I have taken pictures and will add them here. I tried to upload pictures but the files were too big so they wouldn't upload. Will try again later after I look for help on here.

nemo45

Pics

Ok, I think I figured out how to downsize my pics for uploading. Maybe these will help explain what I did.

Attachments

• P1000434.JPG
    P1000434.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 108
  • P1000437.JPG
    P1000437.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 102
  • P1000436.JPG
    P1000436.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 273

nemo45

Pics 2

I reduced one to thumbnail size and it is too blurry to view. One more try.

Attachments

• P1000437.JPG
    P1000437.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 105
  • P1000434.JPG
    P1000434.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 101
  • P1000438.JPG
    P1000438.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 121

rvn4fun

Thanks for the pictures

I have been worried about this issue ever since we started to look at Heartland products. Some of the other posts I couldn't quite get through my head but with your pictures I think I can do it now. We are going to pick up our new Big Country Tuesday, we wanted a Bighorn but maybe in the future. Thanks.:angel:

nemo45

I have been worried about this issue ever since we started to look at Heartland products. Some of the other posts I couldn't quite get through my head but with your pictures I think I can do it now. We are going to pick up our new Big Country Tuesday, we wanted a Bighorn but maybe in the future. Thanks.:angel:

Glad I was able to help. It can get really confusing. Especially if you ad direct TV into the mix. I don't think direct tv signals will go thru a splitter. Anyway thats what people that have it tell me. Then there are the people with the old tv's and an hd box. Here at our RV park in the RGV there are only a couple of us that know how to hook up this stuff and we are bombarded with requests for help as the people pull in from up north with their rigs.

rvn4fun

Whoops

I guess I was joyous before I finished the job. I am still having problems getting things to work, I tried a splitter where it goes into the rv and that wouldn't work at all so I went to a dish dixplexer and that would get the signal up to the living room then I hooked another dixplexer up to the reciever as in the picture, When I added splitter I couldn't get any signal out to bedroom. I had purchased 2 splitters yesterday that said 2 way splitter bidirectional and on the back of package it says splits a satttelite signal so I thought it was for use with dish but I must be wrong. Finally in desperation I found a old splitter and tried it and this one would allow a good picture to the bedroom but not enough signal to give me any channels. What is the ohms or Mhz splitters are you using? The rest of my day was spent trying to fiqure out where to drill holes to get the cable outside, with no luck yet on that, maybe out the slide side window. By the way I did take the reciever up to the bedroom and that would work so Heartlands cable must be good. I still can't believe Heartland would do such a stupid thing like this with there sattelite hookup. I guess this will be my last one. 2 days of work and still no tv in the bedroom, and the dealer doesn't have any idea on it either. Help!

osims

bsims
rvn4fun
I have a dual tuner box from Dish and it works well with the sat wiring that came with the 5er. When i first installed i had a problem, it might not be the same problem your having but it sure ate my lunch for awhile. I had the wiring done but no signal to one tv. The sat dish i had was a 500 dish pro,inorder to use a dual tuner box i had to have a dish pro plus. Soon as i made this change every thing worked. I use a single tuner box for the livingroom and the dual tuner for the bedroom/tv in the cargo bay for outside viewing.
Bill

rvn4fun

I have it

I have a Dish Pro plus, I changed my portable dish over to it before we hit the road. It worked fine in our Crossroads, but we traded it in this week. If the weather here in Texas would warm up I would just run the cable out the window! Thanks for your imput.

Taz Devil

I run the outside cable to the the docking station cable hook up. Then on the other side of the wall I used a cable splitter just like the ones they use to do the home install. Then I connected to the cable running to the front and ran a separate cable to the bedroom TV and enjoy a great picture on both the front and bedroom TV's. That way I can still use the antenna for any local channels that I get.

nemo45

I guess I was joyous before I finished the job. I am still having problems getting things to work, I tried a splitter where it goes into the rv and that wouldn't work at all so I went to a dish dixplexer and that would get the signal up to the living room then I hooked another dixplexer up to the reciever as in the picture, When I added splitter I couldn't get any signal out to bedroom. I had purchased 2 splitters yesterday that said 2 way splitter bidirectional and on the back of package it says splits a satttelite signal so I thought it was for use with dish but I must be wrong. Finally in desperation I found a old splitter and tried it and this one would allow a good picture to the bedroom but not enough signal to give me any channels. What is the ohms or Mhz splitters are you using? The rest of my day was spent trying to fiqure out where to drill holes to get the cable outside, with no luck yet on that, maybe out the slide side window. By the way I did take the reciever up to the bedroom and that would work so Heartlands cable must be good. I still can't believe Heartland would do such a stupid thing like this with there sattelite hookup. I guess this will be my last one. 2 days of work and still no tv in the bedroom, and the dealer doesn't have any idea on it either. Help!

OK, The splitters at the docking center and the splitter on the satellite in line (the white line in the picture) are the bi directional kind. The one in the bed room on the lines from the satellite and antenna is not a splitter but an A/B switch to select which signal you want to send to the TV. You must hook the line form the #2 TV outlet on the box to the splitter on the satellite in line (again the white line in the pic) The splitter on the other line running from the white line splitter is a diplexer and the two lines from it go to the two sattelite in connections onthe back of the box. Hope this helps.

nemo45

Oh, and I can watch the local stations over the antenna with this set up also using the atenna in connection on the back of the box and the A/B switch in the bedroom.