Landmark Roof

John T Bettencourt

Hello Everyone, I have a question about the roof on my Landmark Augusta. The roof is wavey between what seems to be the sheets of plywood. Is this normal? Other 5th wheels I have had have not been like this. It is not a problem just does not look right. If anyone has any insight on this I would like to know. Thanks for your help.

Northern Virginia
I can feel it push down (slightly) as I walk on it. It does have some wave to it (visually). I weigh 175lbs. It feels and looks good.

John

2010augusta

On our 2010 Landmark I (275#) can walk on the roof and not feel any movement, it is very solid. roof looks smooth except for a small bubble near the peaks.

John T Bettencourt

2010 augusta, Mine is nowhere near flat. It is like the sheets of plywood are to big and they bow in the middle. Seems like they expanded. Does not seem to change with weather conditions.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
John, have you been in contact with Heartland service at all yet?? Might be a good place to start and send some pix to them.

John T Bettencourt

Bob&Patty, No I have not informed them about this. I did not know if this was normal or not. I have no leaks, just does not seem right. I am leaving for Florida and do not take the Landmark. I will return the end of March. I will see what it looks like then and go from there. Thanks John

John T Bettencourt

Bob&Patty, Thanks I will try to send customer serv. a couple of pictures. You have a 58 Chev? I have a 66 ss 396 Chevelle conv. and a 68 rs/ss 396 Camaro.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Chevelle's are cool..so are Camaro's. I really like the "NEW" 69 Camaro. I REALLY want to drive a new ZR1 just once. 2 times and I would be in jail. Somehow 638 HP would take me back to being 16 and no brains. I thought my 57 Olds super 88 2dr HT with a J2 motor was fast. Wish I had it back. OH well. Bob:D

Boca_Shuffles

2010augusta,
One of the features that helped us decide to get a 2010 instead of the 2009 model, was that the roof fabrication changed. Therefore, the wavy roofs may be 2009's or older.

Are there 2010 models experiencing this problem?

Northern Virginia
That makes sense. I was scratching my head after reading that some guys roof has no flex. Mine flexes under my weight when I walk around on it but still feels okay.

imchud

On our 2010 Landmark I (275#) can walk on the roof and not feel any movement, it is very solid. roof looks smooth except for a small bubble near the peaks.

I also have no movement on our 2009 B/H -- and I weigh a bit more then Alan... But i'm older:D:D. I do have a few bubbles though.

John T Bettencourt

Hi All, I am taking the advise that pictures are worth a thousand words. These are some pictures of the roof that is wavy on my Landmark Augusta. I have also forwarded these to Eric at Heartland customer serv.​

Last edited: