Motion Detector Light for RVs

Delaine and Lindy

Smart Light...

Randy its called Smart Light and I have one. Its kinda pricey but it works. I got it from Coil & Wrap. Comes with very easy instructions and has a clear or Amber bulb. GBY.....

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I just saw that yesterday on a link in the RV.Net e-mag they sent. Does that use the same screw pattern as the big round panic lights on the sides of our rigs?

jbeletti

John,

According to their website - yes, the same pattern as "many" other brands.

I saw one of these kkamshop's Landmark at the 2009 Fall IL rally. Very cool.

Jim

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
This looks like a pretty cool item. The biggest thing I saw on their website is MADE IN CHINA.

No thanks.

SilverRhino

This looks like a pretty cool item. The biggest thing I saw on their website is MADE IN CHINA.

No thanks.

Jay:

I agree....however.....it seems that anymore buying American is a great way to save money........cause you'll hardly ever find anything to spend it on ;)

wyleyrabbit

Jay,

What isn't made in China these days? Seriously. Odds are almost all of your electronics (or the parts in 'em) and computers are made in China.

Once upon a time, "made in Japan" meant junk. I think China is turning out some good quality product now (although you still have to be careful).

Chris

lwmcguir

It is only going to get worse as far as finding items made in the USA. Look at the recovery China has already had. They are building factories as we are still shutting them down. Take a look at how many power plants they have built in the past 5 years. More than we have built in the past 50 years. (in MW) They are going to become the major car exporter to the world very shortly. Very interesting country. They strive for zero unemployment.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
It's a principle thing with me. I agree that most electronics come from China, so we are forced to buy them but this thing is just a wanta-have item, not something I can't do without, so no thanks. If an American company produces one someday, I'll consider it.

Natesi

It would be nice to have the ability to buy more stuff made in the USA. The problem is that the majority of American's buy based on price. This is evident by the overwhelming success of Wal Mart. A similar product made in the USA would cost twice as much, because we have labor laws and better rights for workers -- not to mention a higher wage and inflated currency.

Niles

We got one from coil & wrap also, it works great and have a lot of people ask about it. As for mounting in the same holes as the smaller light you can reuse a couple of the holes, but the smart light is much bigger and you will need to put a couple of holes in the side. Not really a big deal cover the old holes with a little bit of silicone, you'll want to put some silicone over the top of the light too.