First Look: New Landmark Full-Body Paint

jbeletti

Attached are image of what the new Landmark Full-Body Paint looks like.

The white area is actually a cream color. There are no decals - it's all painted, then clear coated. It looks AWESOME in person.

Jim

Attachments

• 2011_LM_ Ext_Full Paint_06.jpg
    2011_LM_ Ext_Full Paint_06.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 291
  • 2011_LM_ Ext_Full Paint_07.jpg
    2011_LM_ Ext_Full Paint_07.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 250
  • 2011_LM_ Ext_Full Paint_09.jpg
    2011_LM_ Ext_Full Paint_09.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 262
  • 2011_LM_ Ext_Full Paint_10.jpg
    2011_LM_ Ext_Full Paint_10.jpg
    506.2 KB · Views: 230
  • 2011_LM_ Ext_Full Paint_08_800x600.jpg
    2011_LM_ Ext_Full Paint_08_800x600.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:

SilverRhino

Nice looking unit.....but.....it is just my opinion that the paint scheme is a little to "busy".

Again...just my personal observation.

jbeletti

It is busy. Is it too much? For some, perhaps. Paint/decal designs are very personal - yet, we have to decide for everyone as only one scheme gets used for all units made that model year.

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=5710&d=1259080353

SilverRhino

Jim;

I fully understand ...... look what happened to Henry Fords idea..."you can have any color you want ....as long as it's black" ;)

I'm sure that no matter how many different models/options/color schemes you offer.....someone will still not be "happy"

Mine was just a personal obsevation.......maybe I would have liked it better if it was a BC :D

Randy

Last edited:

2010augusta

Looks really good to me, and I like the "optional" equipment, but we not getting rid of the 2010 for a very long time.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Not too busy for me...I like this color scheme much better than the original color scheme that was used....:D

Northern Virginia
I love the full body paint. When I first saw it I showed my wife I was so excited. But then I read what it cost- I thought I remember $17,000???

That seems so high I keep thinking that can't be right...anyway it was so much I just thought there is no way to justify it.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
My initial response is I like any full body paint but I am not a fan of the burnt orange on this one. I really liked it when they were using the burgundy in the paint scheme.

Just noticed that they elected not to paint the radius of the roofline. Probably a good idea long term.

If it were me, I would probably paint that A/C shroud over the bedroom the same color as that swoosh coming towards it, the champagne color I believe. I might also consider replacing the white painted frame around the people door with a black frame.

Mark

Cyncwby

Yes indeed thats a LOT of money..........but thats also a LOT of trailer to paint. Some guy's spend that much or more painting a custom car or hot rod. Paint has gone sky high and think how many man hours it takes to get that job done. Too busy for me also, too bad they didn't come up with a scheme thats about half that much so you could pick between the two.

Northern Virginia
It is a lot of trailer to paint. I got a real good idea how much when I waxed it last spring. My shoulder was sore.

I agree that it's too busy for my taste as well. I would prefer solid colors in darker tones (like the burgundy mrcomer mentioned). If solid coloring were cheaper (I would think it would save a lot of labor) ,that ought to be considered as an option. I know I would get the full body paint on the next one IF it were priced right.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Has anybody calculated how much weight the full body paint adds overall? I wonder....

jbeletti

MSRP on Full Body Paint vs. Partial Body Paint (standard) on Landmark is $9995. Bear in mind that while HRV sets the MSRP, your Dealer sets his own retail selling price.

Jim

jbeletti

My initial response is I like any full body paint but I am not a fan of the burnt orange on this one. I really liked it when they were using the burgundy in the paint scheme.

Mark's comments really prove the point that we are all different. I like the burnt orange - Mark likes the burgundy :)

And with a product that has only 1 full-body paint scheme, it's only natural there are that there is a hard division between those that like it and those that do not.

I shot images of the Partial-Body (standard) paint scheme yesterday. When I get approval to post them - I will do so.

Jim

Last edited:

jbeletti

Has anybody calculated how much weight the full body paint adds overall? I wonder....

Jim,

We have not asked out painting company - but it is a good question. We are estimating the difference between partial-body paint and full-body paint on Landmark as +150 pounds max.

Here again, this is an estimate only.

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

I would like to see a full body paint scheme impregnated in the coach walls like the Big County. Curious of what the stability would be with just one jack on each side aft of the rear wheel. Would also like to see the radius of the roof in aluminum or fiberglass or something like that to continue the paint scheme.

jbeletti

Color impregnated gelcoat and plastic parts is doable Tom but to do a pattern of varying colors - wow. Sounds like $$$ to me.

I must say, the clear coat on this unit over the paint was superb. But you be the judge in-person in February Tom. I plan to swing through Houston to have a 3 RV rally with you/Judy and Jim/Sheila. I'll be in touch on planning.

Jim