Loss of power

I have no power from the batteries or thru 110 shore power. But I do have power when it is hooked up to my tow vehicle. Any ideas as too what the problem could be.

jbeletti

Al and Donna,

Have the park verify they in fact have power at the 50 amp receptacle.

With your RV unhooked from shore power and unplugged from the truck, check the RV battery voltage.

Check the main breaker in the AC breaker panel in the RV.

Report back.

Moving this thread to BH Electrical.

Jim

wyleyrabbit

Al,

I had a problem at one RV park where the breaker on the campground's post was tripped. It didn't look like it, but I flipped it off, then back on and was good to go.

Chris

My BH is now on the way to Heartland for some repairs. When I hooked it up at the house I had full power and then took it to the dealer. They called me and told me to come clean out all personal stuff because it was being shipped to Heartland for the repairs. I went there and tried to open the slides and had no power. I hooked it up to their power and still didn't work They told me that they didn't know what the problem was but thought I left the hot water heater on after I emptied it. I didn't empty it, in fact I had then winterize it for me. They hooked it up to truck power and I got the slides open and emptied it out.I'm sure it will be all working when I get it back but still don't know what caused the power loss.

jbeletti

Al,

My guess is the in the period your rig was at the dealer, the battery ran down. With a completely dead battery, the converter "may not" have enough power to run the slides.

Did you also say that when plugged into shore power, nothing that runs on AC power works in the RV? Did you try the steps all of us suggested back to you based on your request help?

Jim

Jim, I didn't have time to try the steps, because they shipped it off to Heartland. When it comes back I will print out this page and know what to do the next time I have this problem. Also when I get it home it is going to have 4 6 volts and no 12 volts
Thanks for all of the help