Air Bed: Hole Prevention Techniques?

RoadJunkie

Other threads address warranty replacement and options for repairing penetrations to air beds, but what are some of the preventative measures you have found successful to reduce the risk of penetrations in the first place? Do you advise inserting a quilted layer (or equivalent) between the air bed and frame?

wyleyrabbit

We haven't done that but have been lucky so far. We don't let the kids on the bed until it's fully inflated, as I hope that might reduce the chance of an 85 lb kid putting all his weight on one particular point on the bed.

Other advice...don't take the cat camping. :)

jgallego

I changed out my sofa for a flex-steel leather easy bed sofa. Works great and I do not have to worry about the bed going flat in the middle of the night.

Jaime

Theresau

We do the same thing - deflate and then put in the bag (but leave on the frame - the bag is attached). Haven't had any issues to date and we've used quite a bit.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
What is this bag you're talking about? It was mentioned in previous posts, but searching Flair's website has nothing. In the past, folks have complained about sharp, rough edges, etc., but when I examined ours during the summer, I could not find any spots on the frame that might puncture the mattress. Ours worked fine when my sister-in-law stayed with us for a few nights.

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
What is this bag you're talking about? It was mentioned in previous posts, but searching Flair's website has nothing. In the past, folks have complained about sharp, rough edges, etc., but when I examined ours during the summer, I could not find any spots on the frame that might puncture the mattress. Ours worked fine when my sister-in-law stayed with us for a few nights.

The bag is seperate from the mattress that Flair is now putting the air bag into, probably because they were having so much problems with punctures!

RoadJunkie

I'm trying to establish when they started putting "the bag" into service. Do you think they are included in the 2010 BH units? I'm not expecting you to know what this company does, just asking your opinion.