Wheel spacing

nscaler2

Can anyone there tell me what the wheel spacing from axel to axel is on a BH 3055. We are considering purchasing a new set of tires. We really don't trust the Missions that came with the unit. Anyway we need to know how far apart they are so as to not get tires that are too big. Michelin makes the tired we want in the XPS RIB series. The closest size that we can come up with is 235/85/16. The Missions are 235/80/16. Doing the math it looks like they should fit. However, I want to be sure before ordering over $1000 worth of tires and installation.

Thanks

Scott

Tires/Axles

I am getting with the BH engineer to see if I can help you. Do you have your unit - so that you can measure them as well? Just wondering.

ST

nscaler2

Back in storage

Scott,

Thanks for replying. Had our unit out over this last weekend. But it is now back in storage for a while. We will get it back out when we have figured out which tires to order and have installed.

Thanks

Scott

Tires

nscaler2,

The centerline between the axles is 35"

On the tires, depending on the brand, tread thickness, etc. - here is what I found out -
The diameter of most 235/80 tires is approx. 31".
The diameter of most 235/85 tires is approx. 32"

The space between the wheels should go from approx. 3.75" to 2.75" which should not cause you any issues.

ST

nscaler2

Thanks

Scott,
Thanks for the quick technical information!!:)

Wild Wind,
Thanks for the heads up on tire width. I will check to make sure that interference with the frame and suspension isn't an issue.;)

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Michelin XPS RIB series

To let everyone know, The Michelin XPS series do fit the 3400RL bighorn. As stated before, they are a little larger and the spacing is about an inch to inch and half less then with the mission tires, however work real good. I have had no problems with the spacing backing or pulling around corners. The only with I have noticed is that the ride height is a little bit taller, so i have more room between the rails of the truck. This is a good thing. :)