Cyclone 3912 Slide issues

ejered

ejered
I believe something is wrong with my kitchen slide (ods side). I am very mechanically inclined and am wondering if anyone has had the same problem or issue or knows what could have happened or where to start.

It seems as if the ODS Side Kitching Slide Out is only being driven why the front gearset or drive. and the rear of the slide is being dragged in. It is not smooth like it was and when pulled in right before it is closed kinda hear a clunk noise. Walk outside and the front is pulled in tight and the rear still sticks out approx 6-9 inches. Obviously the rear drive is not working. Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to start hunting for the problem? Could it be a simple adjustment? Could something have came off track? It happened on a surface that is not quite level but not quite extravagant either, just a slight slope towards the entry side of the trailer. Thank You.......Jered

2010augusta

I'm am not entirely sure, but I believe that the slide should have a hydraulic ram on one side and a rack and pinion that transfers the power from that end to the other end, so I would check and make sure both rack and pinions are engaged.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The kitchen slide on our Horn only has 1 ram. There is a square cross bar that connects to both gears. Its the same as the front landing gear set-up. Check to make sure one of the bolts is not broken and missing. My2cts Bob:D

ejered

ejered
Bob from what I can see without removing underbelly (yet) looks like mine is set up the same way with the ram in front and rack and pinion set-up on both sides with a square crossbar, i did notice that the cleRance of the slide is way too low on the bottom rear cause it to rub and cause damage to seal so I will need to adjust the height adjuster of it, could this have cause drag and caused it to jump a gear making it now out of alignment?so when the front is sucked in all the way the rear still has a bit to go? I am going to take off the underbelly and inspect it, if this is the case does anyone know how to adjust the front to back? Do you unbolt that square crossbar and adjust to desired adjustment and bolt back together? I can't wait to see what I find.

ejered

ejered
Took a quick gander at it tonight and the adjustable "syncronization adjustment" was completely loose allowing it to be in the most outward adjustment on the rear end. This must have been the pop i heard. so i pushed the slide in and tightened the bolts back up and now it pulls the slide in great!! my only concern is that when extended it looks like the bottom is out further than the top and on the inside still do not have a tight seal? Do I need to adjust the locknuts on the ram to adjust the extension of the slide? Also will this make the top and bottom seal tight? Thanks Jered

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Jered, there are more than one adjustment on the slide. You need to be sure you are adjusting the right thing. If you have the Lippert slide manual it spells it out in there. Dont know if you got one with your rig. If not look on Lipperts web site for instructions. Adjusting the ram is probably the last adjustment that you need to make. It's not difficult, you just have to turn the right bolt.
Good luck.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
ejered, to tilt your slide out at the top is easy. On the end of the square tubing are "feet". The horizontal bolts that attach the "feet" to the slide are the "tilt" adjustment. They have long slots in them. Loosen the bolts and let the slide, slide down. That will close the gap at the top of the seal. You might have to loosen the bolts and pull the slide in for it to move. You might have to do it several times to get it right. Make sure when you are done that the slide sits level. I had to do mine and it took me about an hour to do all 3. I did download the Lippert instructions that Dave posted. Bob:D:D

ejered

ejered
I swear you guys are amazing hit the nail on the head! That is exactly what I was looking for, this site is the best thing a heartland rv'er can ask for! Thanks guys greatly appreciated! Happy Camping! Jered