LM Slam Latch Baggage Door: Touch Up Paint and Star Tool

kubo

hello all, my question is a two parter, so here goes, question 1, my bsmt door ( hinged on top) from the factory is binding along the top where the hinge is, so much that it is scratching the paint off the door, yikes! I need to know what factory paint is used, this is white paint on 2010 landmark agusta, and question 2, what type of tool is needed to make adjustments to the door so it does not hit anymore, it looks like a 8 sided star type bolt. will I need a new painted door ? this is a brand new unit, picked up november 09, never even camped in yet ! :( thank you all for any info

jbeletti

Kubo,

Please contact Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 for the paint code.

You door may or may not have enough adjustment to stop the door rubbing on the frame. Explain your situation to Customer Service and they may be able to advise you on a course of action.

The bit you can use to try to adjust the doors is and 8 point star but but you may also use a #2 square drive bit.

Jim

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
Kubo, we had same issue with 2010 3670rl right away. The dealer is replacing the door with new shocks that are not pressurized so high. I guess the previous ones are bending the door.
Your dealer should be able to help you out!

DickO

My slam door on our 2010 BH was replaced twice. I had contacted the factory after the first replacement to get the color code and they insisted that they replace it a second time. Works GREAT now. :angel:

Bobby A

hello all, my question is a two parter, so here goes, question 1, my bsmt door ( hinged on top) from the factory is binding along the top where the hinge is, so much that it is scratching the paint off the door, yikes! I need to know what factory paint is used, this is white paint on 2010 landmark agusta, and question 2, what type of tool is needed to make adjustments to the door so it does not hit anymore, it looks like a 8 sided star type bolt. will I need a new painted door ? this is a brand new unit, picked up november 09, never even camped in yet ! :( thank you all for any info

Kubo, I hope you are aware that there has been issues with the new SBDoors early on. The supplier has made the necessary changes now. You may have one of the early doors, I have had 3 of them changed so far, looks like I finally got a good one, its held up for the last 2 months or so now. I'd call C/S and let them know your issue.

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
Wow... you guys are on your 3rd doors! We bought our 2010 in June and still are waiting for the 1st replacement! Dealer said that they were having trouble getting replacement doors... now the unit is in winter storage so will replacement will be in spring!
Glad to hear new door works!