Sundance 310QB question

charlie51

I have a 310QB and when I turned on my furnace I noticed it blew hard from the vent on the side of the dinette. It had a 3" or so duct running to it. The vent on the back of the other dinette seat barely blew. It had a smaller 2" - 2 1/2" duct. The bathroom had the bigger duct and blew so much you couldn't leave the door closed while the heat was on or it was like walking into a sauna. The front bedroom had little to no air flow and the smaller duct. Finally, the vent in the back room where the bunks are is mounted under the seat of the small dinette like the main dinette. It had absolutely no air flow. Took up the seat and discovered there was just a vent there. No duct running to it, just a vent mounted there with nothing. Here's my question. Is there anyone else with this problem? The back of my toilet gets so hot I'm afraid it's going to damage it, aside from it being extremely hot in there if you close the door while the heat is going. Looks like I'll be contacting Heartland to come up with a fix for this problem. If anyone else has experienced this I would like to know how you resolved it. Thanks for the help.

jbeletti

Charlie,

I passed your comments to the plant and received a reply from the Sundance Travel Trailer Production Manager. I cannot answer any specific questions for you. Below, I will paraphrase the response from the plant.

The rotair in the rear bunk room is not for heat, it is for ventilation for the convertor. If it were possible we would change all the runs to 2” to distribute the air more evenly but Suburban mandates that we have a specified amount of 3” runs coming off of the furnace to avoid over heating of the appliance.
This said, the plant said they would look into ways they can improve the flow.

Thank you.

Jim

irvin56

North Trail 31QBS

I have the same set up and Identical trailer, only NT.
I have tried to adjust heat.as someother owners of Heartland Owners.
I am not into remodeling a good trailer for more heat in front bedroom. we have small fans with us if needed, but never used them.

Lines are run that way as the space is limited as to how they come off furnace duct.
The space that runs to front bedroom is in the walls and no way to get a bigger duct running that way without remodel furnace and bathroom setup.

We leave the bathroom door open a bit and all the way open at night.

Back bunk house. that is a vent for heat and air circ for the converter. you have to leave door open or put a ceramic heater in back.
We never close ours so never noticed a big difference.
You can always run a small fan to help circ. the air in to bunk house

Some owners of the NT's have found the vents that close off and regulate the amount of flow from that duct.
I have not got them as it has not been a big problem for us.

Nell

I have the North Trail 31QBS - basically the same trailer. I have exactly the same issues.

This is how we deal with it. In the bathroom we changed the rotaire for one that you can close or at least reduce the flow considerably. That has made a big difference.
In the bunkhouse we run a small ceramic disc heater which is way more than edequate for heating. Prior to this we had to leave the BH door open at night which didn't sit well with three teenagers!
Our bedroom has very weak flow from the duct but I haven't found it to be a problem at all as I'd rather not have a hot bedroom:D
I have to say that when I first realized that there was no heating in the the BH I was not impressed but it really has not turned out to be an issue. I find the enitre trailer to be pretty well insulated and easy to keep warm

charlie51

I'll probably try to change the vent in the bathroom to an adjustable one so I can direct some of the heat out the other vents. I'll get a heater to keep with us just in case. If I can reduce some of the heat coming in the bathroom it should be fine Thanks for the input and thanks to Jim as well.