dish reciever with 2 tuners

I would like to put a tv in the cargo hold of my 09 landmark. I have a dish receiver with 2 tuners. Can I come out of my tuner 2 connection on my receiver for tv 2 and hook to the antenna connection on the wall behind the tv to get the tuner signal from the entertainment center to the connection in the cargo hold or do I need to run a completely separate cable from entertainment center to cargo hold.

jbeletti

I am not familiar with dual tuner satellite receivers so I can't answer your question directly.

Here's what I did in my '09 Landmark though:

We fed component video and audio over to the bedroom TV. We used a single jacketed cable that had all 5 lines inside it. The cable was fished from the bedroom closet (top shelf) where the receiver was, over to one of the bedroom ceiling speakers, then over to the ceiling mounted TV wall-plate at the bedroom TV.

Using the HDMI output of the same satellite receiver, we fished a long HDMI cable out of the bedroom closet, into the area underneath the dresser, then down into the utility area of the basement. The cable was connected to the back-side of an HDMI pass-through style wall-plate which was mounted on the utility wall next to the antenna/cable wall-plate.

We used RF remotes from Direct TV to control the satellite receiver that was mounted to the top-shelf in the bedroom closet. One remote was kept in the storage basement area with the TV. The TV used was a 26" Jensen LCD mounted on a gray Omni brand swing-out bracket. The wall-mount part of that bracket was mounted to the utility wall an inch or two from the side wall of the RV in order to allow the TV to swing out of the storage area and out into the open. We did reinforce the wall with doubled up 2x4s behind the wall. I think we tied these 2x4s into the floor and ceiling as well as it was a lot of vertical weight to hold.

Best of luck,

Jim

timdebs

I have a 2009 Pinehurst, there is a cable hookup in our basement. We have dish network with dual tuner/receiver. The cable coming from the entertainment center to the bedroom tv has a splitter behind the basement wall, one cable goes to basement and the other goes to bedroom. When we park and hook up satellite we put a tv in the basement so we can watch tv outside. We use the remote control for the bedroom tv to control the shows we watch. Only thing is to remember is what you watch in the bedroom will also be on outside tv and vice versa. Hope this helps.

rvn4fun

About the same question, on dish recivers with two tuners

We are going to take delivery in a few days of a 3450 2011 Big Country. I have a dish reciver with two tuners, in my present rv you just hook up the reciever to incoming sattellite feed and the second cable goes into the wall and is fed up to the bedroom tv. AS near as I can tell this won't work on the Hearland as in the video it shows that there is seperate feeds for satellite hookup in the module outside where the water ect. is hooked up. One feed goes to the bedroom the other to the living room. If this is the case the only way I could get it to work would be to run a seperate cable all the way from my tuner to the front bedroom. Can anyone help me on this issue. Tv is very important to us as the weather here in Texas is terrible this year for us snowbirds. Thanks

wdk450

The magic of Diplexers

We are going to take delivery in a few days of a 3450 2011 Big Country. I have a dish reciver with two tuners, in my present rv you just hook up the reciever to incoming sattellite feed and the second cable goes into the wall and is fed up to the bedroom tv. AS near as I can tell this won't work on the Hearland as in the video it shows that there is seperate feeds for satellite hookup in the module outside where the water ect. is hooked up. One feed goes to the bedroom the other to the living room. If this is the case the only way I could get it to work would be to run a seperate cable all the way from my tuner to the front bedroom. Can anyone help me on this issue. Tv is very important to us as the weather here in Texas is terrible this year for us snowbirds. Thanks

There is a magic device called a "Diplexer" that along with the different frequency bands involved in the system lets you send BOTH the incoming Dish antenna signal AND the output TV signal from the tuner box to the 2nd TV THROUGH THE SAME CABLE. That way you use the 1 installed cable between the UDC and the entertainment center for both your antenna input and sending the TV signal back to the bedroom TV. The diplexer is like a normal splitter except it input/outputs very high frequency antenna signals through 1 connector and inputs/outputs lower frequency tv signals through another connector with the combined input/output coming in/out through the 3rd connector. Study this diagram on this link, thinking about the trailer's UDC connections:
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-sat/thread.cgi?3376

When I use this setup, my storage compartment tv connector mirrors my bedroom tv connector, and you use the RF bedroom remote (which sends radio signals to the main tuner), as stated by another poster. BTW I drag my bedroom TV outside and connect it to the storage compartment connector, and use the bedroom remote when I am having a difficult time aiming the dish and need to see the aiming signals as I re-position the dish.