Removing Tail Lights

MD Buck

Was trying to remove the stop light over the weekend to replace a bulb and it appears the light merely pulls out by working the rubber around the opening, but didn't come out easily and I didn't want to break anything. Was I looking at it correctly and it's just tight or did I miss something?

CrazyScotsman

The stop tail lights just pull out from the rubber , you have to replace the whole deal, not just the bulb as the bulb is sealed in the light, unplug the light at back, replug in new one and Bob's your uncle.
They are in there tight, but a bit of heat will make it easier to remove light from rubber.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When I changed mine out, I found it easier to just push the whole works in. Then I removed the rubber ring, pulled it out then pulled the light out. Try not to lose the plug. Speaking of which, the plug may have just come off the light. I had that happen one time. To reassemble, put the rubber ring in then push in the light.
Ken is right. A warm ring is easier to work with.

Peace
Dave

beardedone

Beardedone
If you are going to do that why not replace them all with LEDs. They are plug and play and not too expensive anymore.