Is my gen prep complete?

branson4020

Icantre Member
I'm finally thinking about adding a generator. In looking at the factory gen prep as delivered, I notice that the front compartment door does not have a louvered vent. Also, there is nothing stubbed out for a propane connection. I thought both of these were part of the factory gen prep. Am I missing something?

2010augusta

My LM does not have vents in the door, but there are cut-outs in the floor for intake, exhaust, and oil changes. I can not comment on the propane setup as I can not see because we have the factory installed unit. Do you have the transfer switch and the start/stop switch and the hour meter?

jbeletti

Not sure if the gen prep includes a gas line plumbed into the compartment or not. Look along the frame rail on the off-door-side to see if you see any black pipe. Maybe even a T with a plug in it.

Jim

branson4020

Icantre Member
Alan,

Yes, I have the factory gen prep and all the electrical stuff is there - also the sheet metal box and mounting subframe. I also have some cutouts in the floor so I guess won't worry about a vent in the door.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Bob,
We got the factory gen prep too, but the propane plumbing was added by the dealer I think. Some people want gas powered gens and some go with propane, so the dealer did the plumbing. Ours had to do a little modifying to the box to make things fit right which tool them a lot longer than they estimated. I think they learned from their mistake.... lol

Kristy