What Email Service do you use ?

cjhicks

Just got our first Laptop and Verizon Wireless Hookup, I called our land line ISP and they told me that I could keep my email with them for a charge$$ or use a free web base Email. I was wondering if anyone could offer a sugestion on a web base Email account. Thanks :confused:

lwmcguir

Yahoo Mail seems to work fine and has a large mail box. I only use it when I rarely have to use a public computer.

cjbearden

Visitor
I used Yahoo for a number of years but for some reason the last couple of years they managed to "lose" two accounts for me. I have switched to gmail (a google email) and love it. My husband still uses Yahoo and has not had a problem. Others will chime in on what works for them.

Have fun and enjoy surfing the web in that Bighorn. C.J.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Another vote for G-Mail. I've used it for a couple of years now and haven't had a bit of trouble with it. Got the DW to switch over too recently.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We've been using yahoo for a little over 3 years. No problems. I also have a windows live address. I've heard good things about g-mail but I don't feel like changing everything from yahoo.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Wow.. I am in the minority..
I have a hotmail account (@live.com is the same). Had it for a long time, but I mainly use this account for IM with friends and to give out when I don't want to use my main email address.

I have the domain name txbobcat.com. Through my domain I have an account for business, DW and my personal email. This is through Go Daddy. This also gives me a web site if I want to use it.

The reason I use a domain account is that I have used MS Outlook for many years and am so use to downloading my email to my computer. I don't have to worry about loosing my email or contacts. Unless you purchase an account Yahaoo or Hotmail does not allow pop accounts.

The only email I have not tried was Gmail and that was that they were asking for a lot of information that I did not want to give them to open an account.. They may have changed by now, I am not sure..

That's what I do...
BC

MD Buck

I use yahoo and hotmail both. Haven't had a problem with either. I use one for friends and the other for business as they seem to want to send you advertisments after you buy something from them the first time.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You probably have an email account if you have a broadband card...i.e. verizon.net or att.net. I have used hotmail, yahoo, and gmail, but now use juno.com that I have had for years. It does cost 9.95 a month but I hate to get rid of it because I have had it so long.

swpoole

I have been using g-mail for some time and no problems. Note of interest, g-mail has no limit on file size so your friends can sent large files without worry of them being returned.

kwolbeck

Past Heartland Ambassador
Gmail for us

Google Gmail here. With Google providing every account 7397 MB capacity there is enough room to do a lot of emailing. We also have our Gmail account set to receive and send from Microsoft Outlook so everything is on the Laptop; there are no concerns about Google losing our emails. When away from our personal Laptop we can still access the Gmail account from any computer.

Another great feature Google provides is the Google Calendar. It is very easy to use, has reminder options for those that are forgetful (like me) and can be shared with friends or family that have a Google account.

All this plus much more for free.

Kevin

Mikemm62

Mike & Suzanne
we have our own e-mail and web site thru register.com you can buy an email address cheap for 10 yrs and if you want you can get a web site also we used it on our boat to keep family and friends up to date where and waht we are up to if anything also for communication we use skpe ... cheap and works as good as your connection plus you can get a regular phone with this service. let me know if you need further information

Mike