Kitchen Drian in 3500RL

Fordsd250

We have a 2006 3500RL BigHorn that got in April 05. My question is, the drian for the kitchen sink broke because it gets caught between the slide and the wall when you put the slide in or out. Not knowing this, it eventually broke the drain hose. I have fixed it temporaryly but was wondering if the factory had a better fix? Or am I the only one with this issue. I can try to post pictures of the old drain hose if it would help. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. oh yea, we still love the BigHorn.:)

Scott

I suspect that the drain line was not secured properly. This model has since been changed and the sink no longer travels with the slide room.
I am going to tell you that we can either get it in to one of our dealers to make it a better, more permanent fix - or we can look at what you've done and see if there is something more we can do.
We are talking about a drain hose here, so there are going to be different ways to run it and have it still drain properly. If you want, you can work with Scott Lytle at Bighorn with a solution.

ST

nscaler2

Thanks Frank busted2341

I have read about similar problems with the GFI here on this forum. However, your last post regarding this problem finally prompted me to ge off my duff and check it. Sure enough found some loose connections and fixed them. Thanks for motivating me. While I was in there I found something else that could potentially be a heartbreaker. Along the terminal strips in the bottom of the breaker box, there are a number of positions that are empty (not used). The set screws at these positions were all loose. A couple of them were about to fall out:eek: They are just long enough that if they were ratteling around loose, they could create a bridge between some of the other connected wires, thereby causing a short circuit. Tightened them up also. Again, thanks for the motivation. And that God for this forum. Without it, at the least we wouldn't know how to fix some of the little things and at the worst we would be rolling around in potential death traps.

ChopperBill

Thanks for the heads up! Just came in from an inspection. Happy to report all wire terminals were tight. The empty screws were about to fall out and I tightened them. Went one step further. Pulled the the panel box out of the wall. :eek: Looks the same as the docking station compartment. Pulled out a wall cut out, 6 inch piece of molding and a 4 inch piece of furring strip. Saved it for fire kindling. :rolleyes: Got out the vacuum and cleaned out a half pound of saw dust. At least it looks better now for my next trip inside.

nscaler2

They don't care

You are so right about the quality thing. I was behind that panel, only from the other side (from the basement) to see if I needed to get the charge wizard for my converter. Anyhow, WOW:eek: what a pile of garbage, a soft drink cup from a fast food place, loose wire, wood scraps, plumbing scraps. My converter was covered in sawdust. Couldn't have been good for it. There is absolutely no pride in craftsmanship at the worker level. As a matter of fact it appears that a lot of the poor quality is almost deliberate. And one has to question the management level for allowing this kind of C#$% to take place at the worker level. It is obvious that the powers-that-be don't spend enough time in the trenches seeing what is actually going on.

tcbrady

That is totally not acceptable!! I will be on the production line first thing Monday morning communicating to the production manager and staff the problems you are seeing. I can assure you this will not happen any longer.

ChopperBill

Thanks Mr. Brady! I know you guys really do care. Guess you cant be every where at once. Some of your workers could use a slap on the head and others could use a pat on the back. The outside of the coach and the living areas are top notch. Give those guys an atta boy from me! As for the guys doing the un seen stuff I would hate to see the inside of their homes! :(

Trap

Sometimes the way we find out about staff problems is not the way we would like. TC don't let up perserverence will pay off in the long run. You have a nice product and I assume that it getting better all the time. Keep up the good work. By your involvement with this forum you have hundreds of product development and refinement people at your disposal.

Trap

busted2341

Wheww!!

Just back from another trip and finally come to the forum...I am glad I could just help out....it pays to keep in touch and I am sure If Scott saw it he will deal with the problem.......I taking it in to the shop for some fixes. t all know how it goes....