Heat in Garage of Cyclone 3010

Yianni

I'm thinking of adding a vent in the garage for heat. There is a factory vent right in front of the sliding glass door which leads into the garage. I could tee off of that and just add a vent in the floor of the garage just on the other side of the glass door.
This seems too easy. Is there something I'm missing? The garage is a family room for the kids so no worry of running over a vent with a toy.
Would it be better for circulation if I put the vent further into the garage as opposed to at the entry?
Thanks for the help!

rideblue

In my 3795 the fridge was right next to the garage wall and the heater is under the fridge. There are additional outlets in the heater which come with covers over them. I just tapped into one of those and ran a new vent through the wall and used a wall mounted discharge vent I think is officially called a "register".

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
In my 3795 the fridge was right next to the garage wall and the heater is under the fridge. There are additional outlets in the heater which come with covers over them. I just tapped into one of those and ran a new vent through the wall and used a wall mounted discharge vent I think is officially called a "register".

The 3010 has the furnace under the bathroom.

Louis - That sounds like a doable, something I will be looking at in the springtime when I pull the covers off to fix the tank issue. Will probably insulate the garage floor at the same time.

My garage is for the motorcycle, but my "kids" use it too (2 dogs and the parrot)

I think I would keep it near the entry, least amount of intrusion into the garage area.

Yianni

Not knowing much about how A/C and heat venting work, do you think 2 vents, 1 on the left side and one on the right would be better than just 1 for heating the garage? I'm just thinking that 2 may weaken the flow to other areas. I'll probably go with 1 and put it by the door as you suggested and then insulate the bottom too. We also have a 4 legged kid that shares that room and I think would like heat.

Manke3010

Sounds like a great mod Yianni. Please do take and post pics of the install process if you don't mind.
I'd agree, and go with just one vent.
I'd really want to make sure the vent closed nice and tight for those times you don't need heat and you're loading the garage with dirty bikes/etc. after a long weekend. A lot more susceptible to dirt/debris falling in the line in the garage than inside the kitchen/bedroom.
Just my $0.02

porthole

Retired
Louis, I would go with just one duct.

I noticed today on mine that the floor to the garage is lower, looks to be a 2" offset.

This may add to your challenge.

BTW, in my "and so it begins" thread I added pictures of the garage storage chest I put together.

bigredtruck

We did exactly the same in our 3210. It works great and one vent is definitely enough - it gets so toasty in there we have to block the hole! We used the same port covers that are in the UDC. One fully blocks the hole and the other has 2 1 inch holes to regulate the heat a bit.

We have also insulated the full length of the trailer with 1" (I think) styrofoal insulation. We did that as soon as we got the Cyclone so I don't know what it was like without it.