replacement tires

Ricoh

Past Ontario Chapter Leader
I have a 2005 Chev extended cab 2500 HD Duramax and will be towing a 3055RL bighorn. I will need new tires by the spring and was wondering what the rest of you use. Mine are stock size Bridgestones on there now. Anybody running Michelin LTX?

Rick

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I just replaced the tires on my 2006 F250 with LT2 65/70R 17E1 121R W Michelin LTX M/S2 ORWL. I got them at Discount Tire in Roswell NM. The tread is a bit agressive compared to the Michelin AS that I had on it but it should give me better traction and has a higher speed ratio.. Michelin LTX M/S

BC

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ricoh, I just upgraded my 245/75/16-E tires to 265/75/16-E. The 245's have a load capacity at max inflation of 3042 pounds. The 265's at max inflation are rated at 3415 pounds. Like Bobcat, I got the Michelin LTX M/S2. Nice tire and not as aggressive as the LTX A/T. I would recommend going to the 265's. The speedo is off by 2mph at 65. No big deal for me. But that can be corrected. I like em.

Peace
Dave

airedale

tires..

i'm running them and love them........try costco .....good price and service all over.......

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Ricoh, I just upgraded my 245/75/16-E tires to 265/75/16-E. The 245's have a load capacity at max inflation of 3042 pounds. The 265's at max inflation are rated at 3415 pounds. Like Bobcat, I got the Michelin LTX M/S2. Nice tire and not as aggressive as the LTX A/T. I would recommend going to the 265's. The speedo is off by 2mph at 65. No big deal for me. But that can be corrected. I like em.

Peace
Dave

Same here...but on the trailer too.

Netem

02 Chevy, replaced the tires with 265 Michelins when new and still looking good.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Well I respectfully disagree and believe the safest and most effective tires for your RV if you can use E rated or G rated would be to buy the 14 ply Goodyear G614's. When our springs broke in Oregon last summer, thankfully the 14 ply tires that can be run at 110 PSI instead of 80lbs PSI made the difference in safety. Look behind the tires and see the embossed letters on the inside of your rim. If the letter G is there I would strongly consider the tires I bought. I know a few people with your model that installed the Goodyears and love them. Fyi, I went from 235/80/R16's to
235/85/R16's without any problems. Anyone who bought the excellent E rated Michelin tires, I would like to know how the rig handled after your springs and suspension broke vs the G Rated which has stronger ply by far.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Larry, I agree with you about the Goodyear G-14's, but the origional post in this thread was about replacing tires on a truck. I do know however, that many have changed out to Michelin LT tires on their rigs and are very happy with them.

Peace
Dave

NWTFHunter

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
Michelin tires

I have a 2006 GMC 2500 and tow a Bighorn 3055. The original Bridgesones had 36,000 and needed replacing. I went to Sams Club yesterday and got a set of Michelin LT. Michelin now has a $70 rebate on four new tires so that helps.

bill40

I had good luck with the factory Firestones so when needed I replkaced with the same 215/85/16, plus the price was right and I do have two more than you do. Only have 12000 on the BC and they still look good. Will go to the goodyears when needed.