The Splinter, a Wooden Supercar.

2010augusta

Just found this today. Grad Student at North Carolina State has made a 700HP supercar with a wooden chassis and body. check out the web site
http://www.joeharmondesign.com/ here is a picture of the creation.

Attachments

• Splinter [800x600].jpg
    Splinter [800x600].jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 38

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Novel idea, except he's about a 100 years late on a wooden car. Henry's 1'st car was all wood except the wheels and engine. It even had a tomato can as a carburator. There is nothing new in the automobile world. I just gets recycled about every 30 to 40 years.

How about a quiz........ " when was the 1'st chevy overhead valve V8 produced?" What was the CI displacement?

Bob&Patty

You win....you get the door prize. You get to spend the week with JB. I figured that no one under the age of 90 would get the right answer.:eek: PS I knew a Bob and Vicki at one time..........they had a red "T" bucket with a blown small block in it.

HarleyRyder

Retired Gunslinger
A week with JB wouldn't be a bad deal. I've owned several red cars/trucks but never a T-bucket. My "weapon of choice" is my Harley of course but I do have a '67 Corvette coupe that I have had since 1969. It has been in storage since 1981.

Bob&Patty

Bob, you need to get it out and take a blast down the highway. You might even consider installing a new ZR1 drive train in it. NOW Thats an "E" ticket ride.

HarleyRyder

Retired Gunslinger
Bob

You are right, I need to do that. Instead of sitting around this winter, I should get it out of my shop, dust it off and take it for a drive. It has been a long, long time.
Might have to pull the calipers off and have them sleeved. Brakes are a little soft.

Bob