Check Valve Blown

pitch black

when winterizing rig I pushed the valve on city water inlet and it blew, any ideas for what i should do. replace or repair, and how to go about doing it, hope not to hard. thanks.

2010augusta

Go find a brass check valve and replace it. It is very easy and should take less than 30 minutes. You might want to buy several of the brass check valves and replace all the plastic ones. To keep your UDC like it is you might have to hollow out the factory check valve and add the brass one one the back side of it, because if I remember correctly the check valve and hose attachment in one and the same.

Northern Virginia
It's not easy to replace that particular check valve as it is molded in with the plastic assembly. I managed to remove mine but it was a PITA and you almost destroy the plastic removing the valve. If you aren't that handy and you want to keep your UDC looking clean, you'll need to order a new one (in the plastic assembly plate) through Heartland. If you are handy, you can order one of these 1/2 brass check valves http://www.mcmaster.com/#brass-check-valves/=4rh5tr and modify the existing assembly.

John

lhetsler

Check valve

Lowes has a good selection of brass check valves for about $7. That is where I got mine.