new to heartland

kinports

just picked up our 3950 cyclone. got to use one time before winterizing. have a few small problems, wondering if anyone else has had or heard of the same. first my front jacks keep blowing the fuse when i pick up on unit. second my cabinets doors above my sofa split at the mitered corners in two places. not sure if this is from the cold or a defect. dealers been great just have to get it back to them(4 hours away).thanks for replies.

shane and kim blodgett
mechanicsville maryland :confused:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The jack fuse will blow if you extend them out to the maximum. Many of us mark a line on the legs about 1/2/ inch below the maximum extension so we know not to exceed that elevation. If you're not extending that far, then there is another problem that could be related to loose bolts, loose wiring, any number of things. I'm sure others will give you you some more ideas.

kinports

thanks for the reponse. dont believe im running out to far. the fuse blows if the switch is held longer than 30 seconds in the up direction (under load)

jnbhobe

You may need a bigger circuit breaker Probably has a 50amp now, have heard they replace with an 80amp. Also have seen a conversion to dual motors on the landing gear. Do a search for more info on the forum. JON :cool: :cool: :cool:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
just picked up our 3950 cyclone. got to use one time before winterizing. have a few small problems, wondering if anyone else has had or heard of the same. first my front jacks keep blowing the fuse when i pick up on unit. second my cabinets doors above my sofa split at the mitered corners in two places. not sure if this is from the cold or a defect. dealers been great just have to get it back to them(4 hours away).thanks for replies.

shane and kim blodgett
mechanicsville maryland :confused:

If the cabinet doors split at the miter joint, it says they were not glued properly. Cold should not cause it to fail. As for the circuit breaker, I've also read others changing to an 80A circuit breaker. Have not had any problems with my unit, though. Putting a wide pad under the jacks, like a 12x12 pad made from 4x4's with a 5/4 plank top will keep you from having to extend the jacks out so far, yet give you plenty of stability. I use them under mine, even though I've got Elephant Pads on them.

beasleyrl

Had the same problem on our rig the first time out. Our dealer indicated this was a problem with the Lippert frame and they had an easy fix. They replaced the fuse on the landing gear with an automatic reseting circuit breaker. I can't remember if it was 80A or not but I have only had it trip twice since then in almost 2 years when I had to extend the legs really far to get it level. Good luck!

bigredtruck

The first weekend with our 3210, I blew about 4 fuses trying to level the trailer (good thing I had read the forum and had a handful of them). Then I realized I had the back jacks down, so not only was the motor trying to lift the trailer, but was also pushing against the rear jacks. OOPS!

lcdrdean

The jack fuse will blow if you extend them out to the maximum. Many of us mark a line on the legs about 1/2/ inch below the maximum extension so we know not to exceed that elevation. If you're not extending that far, then there is another problem that could be related to loose bolts, loose wiring, any number of things. I'm sure others will give you you some more ideas.

Gus ... thanks for that little tidbit .. I didn't know about blowing the fuse when extending all the way. Fortunately I haven't done that yet.

davelinde

which fuse blows?
my 3210 is in storage now and I had to manually crank it down to get it off the truck... I was assuming the battery was dead (though on reflection, that makes no sense). I needed to get on the road so I did not troubleshoot but I'd like to know what to look for when I get back.

beasleyrl

which fuse blows?
my 3210 is in storage now and I had to manually crank it down to get it off the truck... I was assuming the battery was dead (though on reflection, that makes no sense). I needed to get on the road so I did not troubleshoot but I'd like to know what to look for when I get back.

There is a fuse near the landing gear motor in the front compartment. Typical auto style fuse. When it happened to me, I checked the inside fuses and of course didn't find anything. Had to hand crank it until the dealer told me about this hidden one. Also to note, the dealer indicated there is a similar fuse on the power jacks in the back but fortunately, I haven't blown that one yet!

truknutt

Committed Member
which fuse blows?

I have a 3210 also. The in-line fuse was laying up on top of my generator cover. It was blown at the dealership the day of my PDI so the techs had to find it for me.