Replacing the Accordion Door

SilverRhino

I was looking at the floor plan for the new BC 3250ts and it looks like they have replaced the Accordion door in the bedroom area with a "real" door......is that true? If this is the case....could the same thing be done to a 2010 BC??

Having been a finish carpenter and cabinet maker in my younger years.....this would be an easy task....IF....there is proper support in the wall to mount the door.

Is it possible to get a schematic lay out of the wall supports for this unit?

Floor plan for new BC:

http://www.heartlandrvs.com/models.html?model_id=28&id=3&name=&type=

B

bwwalczak

Thank you for your post.

We made the decision to use the hard door in place of the accordian door. In order to do this, we had to reinforce the wall and move the sidewall window toward the rear of the coach.

So, to answer your question, the sidewall is not reinforced for a hard door in a 2010 model.

SilverRhino

Thanks for Responding

Thank you for your post.

We made the decision to use the hard door in place of the accordion door. In order to do this, we had to reinforce the wall and move the sidewall window toward the rear of the coach.

So, to answer your question, the sidewall is not reinforced for a hard door in a 2010 model.

Bryan:

Thanks for the answer.....even though it is not what I really wanted to hear. :) As I stated the door is not the real problem.....more the way it latches. Great move changing that!

This is a very minor issue......and I'm sure that with some thought....and....maybe the help of others on the forum....we will come up with a solution.

Thanks again for answering my post.....and thanks for the great service y'all provide.

Merry Christmas to you and all the great people at Heartland!

what about 2011 BC 3250TS

We will take delivery of a BC 3250 in a week and it has the accordian door. can a regular door be put in its place on the 2011 model? that accordian door is the one thing we dont like about it.
thanks

Thank you for your post.

We made the decision to use the hard door in place of the accordian door. In order to do this, we had to reinforce the wall and move the sidewall window toward the rear of the coach.

GETnBYE

We had a problem with the pin for the accordian door also. But the GREAT service dept. at "R V World of Georgia" just put a larger pin in and it now works great.

Did I mention R V World of Georgia is WONDERFUL!!!!!
Thanks Matt Cameron at Heartland for sending us there.

I give credit where credit is due!!
Even if you get tired of hearing it.

Nita