Front Landing Gear

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Been there done that! It was our first trip out and the weather was 100 deg. I'm betting your problem is just the fuse like ours a blown fuse. Soon as you can mark/paint the stopping and starting points on the square upper shaft of the landing gear.
I'm working on a new post callled "Things to address on your new Sundance"

Last edited:

Rrloren

Had the same problem altho I had just gotten home when the jack motor wouldn't work. A call to my dealer directed me to the front basement behind the battery where I found the fuse and it was blown.
As Westxsrt10 said I marked the leg so I don't run the legs up to the stop again. Seems they should have put a slip clutch or something like that to prevent this from occurring. It doesn't take long to blow the fuse if you run it too high.

loafer

Same here first trip out and legs woulndt go down discovered the problem after talking to my dealer. Something that should be covered off at the factory . Apparently there is a type of resetting fuse set up that could be done at factory.
Oh well no rving with problems no fun LOL
Bill

grizzlygiant

I replaced the fuse which is located in a pigtail directly off the battery with a simple plug-in circuit breaker which is available at any auto supply store. Works great.

Boca_Shuffles

I've found that the biggest benefit to being a member of this forum is learning about roadside repairs. I even read about the models that I don't have.

I started reading before I did my PDI. I knew what to look for and didn't find any of the "problems".

Since you have been a member since Feb of 2008, I am a little surprised that you immediately assumed that it was a bad motor and not just a fuse. Since other people have blown their fuse (mechanically speaking), it would be a good thing to know where it located. This is where the forum is of the biggest help.

The Boy Scout motto is "Be Prepared".

Paul_in_MN

My landing gear quit just after I brought the new 5er home from the dealer. I read the many posts describing fuse and motor/gearcase problems. I found my problem to be a wire connector slipped off the backside of the landing gear switch. The wire harness is protected by a rubber like sheath so the 4 wires do not get shorted to something in the storage area. The sheath was taped to the harness in a strange way that pulled one wire shorter than the others, and so it disconnected itself. Simple fix: plug the wire back on the open switch terminal, and tape it in place. Like magic!! Better than new.

Maybe your problem is just that simple also.

Best of Luck.

Paul_in_MN

snappy38

What year do you have. I had the same problem with my 2009 and found a "resetaabe" 15amp fuse in the front basement. It kept kicking off and I replaced it with a 20amp. Seems OK now.